Celebrity Summit Chef's Table?

LB_NJ

It is not in the cruise planner however the app shows there is a Chef's Table option for nights 1 and 2.  Any idea if this might be real or if the app just has a problem?

Also, the menu looks interesting, is the food usually good?  

• 6 months later...

We were not impressed with the Chef's table. It was too disjointed. A curry soup followed by an Italian rissoto, then on to an Indian dish, although the fish was good, then a short rib and fillet??? The rib was better than the fillet, but by then you have had too much food to enjoy it.

We also did not enjoy the Chefs Table I found the seating for all the participants was too close to each other and I felt very uncomfortable.  We were in a small area in the Tuscan Grill the experience was not very private. The food was OK curry soup, Italian risotto, beef, fish, dessert . The wine was an extra fee or if you have a beverage package you could order wine choices from your package

Overall a stressful experience and not as enjoyable as I thought it would be.   It was disappointing

34 minutes ago, orchid69 said:

We also did not enjoy the Chefs Table I found the seating for all the participants was too close to each other and I felt very uncomfortable.  We were in a small area in the Tuscan Grill the experience was not very private. The food was OK curry soup, Italian risotto, beef, fish, dessert . The wine was an extra fee or if you have a beverage package you could order wine choices from your package

Overall a stressful experience and not as enjoyable as I thought it would be.   It was disappointing

Definitely not worth the OBC!

Can anyone tell me how they schedule this meal? Booking meals just opened for my 1st Summit cruise next year. It says the date & time for Chef's Table are confirmed once I'm onboard. If I paid for this AND Qsine right now, could I end up stuck with two specialty dinners on the same night?

19 hours ago, PineappleTraveler said:

Can anyone tell me how they schedule this meal? Booking meals just opened for my 1st Summit cruise next year. It says the date & time for Chef's Table are confirmed once I'm onboard. If I paid for this AND Qsine right now, could I end up stuck with two specialty dinners on the same night?

You could end up with them the same night but that really shouldn't be a problem. Changing the day for you Qsine reservation shouldn't be a problem. When we were on Summit in Oct. they closed at least one night because of lack of reservations. 

The Chef's Table was worth every penny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did the Chef table because we had a lot of OBC and everyone raved about it.

Very  disappointing.   They had 11 of us crowded around a table for 8.  

The chef or his rep didn't do anything except announce what was to be served.   Didn’t explain anything about it.

If we had better table mates it may have been more enjoyable.  

One was the food expect that thought he knew everything about food and criticized everything.   

Another couple constantly complained about how slow the service was and were in a rush.  They left before the deserts were served.    We knew they were going to be a problem because they started when we were waiting in the bar to do the kitchen tour.   

Another couple kept interrupting the senior officer by telling him that they weren’t interested in the subjects he was talking about and always tried to change the topic.  

Then there was  a couple that felt they had put on a display of a loud orgasm with every mouthful of food. 

My wife and I just sat there and tried to enjoy the dinner.   It would have been better to book the restaurant, had a table for two and be able to select from the menu.  

This was our experience.   Hopefully others had better.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 3