Vaccination expiration?

jcathers1

Under the "Travel requirements for cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean" section of the MSC website, it notes that "the vaccination certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise". Is this meant to imply that vaccination certifications expire at some point? My wife and I have been vaccinated for 13 months, but I hadn't heard that there was a need to renew this at any point. Our vaccine cards list the date we were vaccinate, but not a "expiration date".

17 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

To clarify, this is a Caribbean cruise leaving from Miami (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, D. Republic, Ocean Cay).

Assuming you're a US citizen or Permanent Resident, it wouldn't impact you.  There is no published expiration date in the US (at least for the vaccine's effectiveness), but the EU has started the process of using expiration dates for the vaccination certificates and is starting to send out notifications soon that vaccinations over a year old will be expired.  That would meant that if someone with your vaccination status was coming to the US from an EU country, they would not be able to board since the vaccination was over 12 months ago.  A booster would be needed, at least after 1 October for an EU resident.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Assuming you're a US citizen or Permanent Resident, it wouldn't impact you.  There is no published expiration date in the US (at least for the vaccine's effectiveness), but the EU has started the process of using expiration dates for the vaccination certificates and is starting to send out notifications soon that vaccinations over a year old will be expired.  That would meant that if someone with your vaccination status was coming to the US from an EU country, they would not be able to board since the vaccination was over 12 months ago.  A booster would be needed, at least after 1 October for an EU resident.

I understand that the third vaccine does not have an expiration date and that people are not required to get a 4th vaccine. Is that correct?

Ivi

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I understand that the third vaccine does not have an expiration date and that people are not required to get a 4th vaccine. Is that correct?

Ivi

That was the understanding I got from what I read.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Thank you, I had just gotten worried seeing the link for vaccine expiration in Europe. We are going to     Europe including Greece and my daughter and my booster shot are just barely before the 270 day limit and 2nd boosters are not available here yet.

• Like 1