Question about shorts in the MDR

5 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

It really is a shame that dressing for dinner has been so dumbed down.  I always ask people who say they wear shorts and flip flops to the MDR, would you wear that to a wedding in a formal venue?  If not, then you shouldn't be wearing them into a formal dining room on a ship.  I know, "it's my vacation, I paid for it, I'll wear what I want."  And we wonder why people in this country have no respect for rules. I know it's not actually a "rule", but there is such a thing as respect and common sense.  Which apparently many are lacking.  The waitstaff dresses for dinner; is it that hard for the passengers to do the same? What you wear won't impact my dinner, I think it's disrespectful to the venue and staff.  My opinion, just like those who wear shorts have theirs.  

You should go on a cruise with Computer Nerd and then the two of you can dress up to your heart's content and make fun of those that don't.  The rest of us will just dress comfortably and enjoy the vacation that we paid a lot of money for, in order to do whatever we choose to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2022 at 3:22 PM, Computer Nerd said:

I don't laugh at people because of what they choose to wear. I laugh at supposed adults that can't follow even the simplest of rules. It's like watching toddlers in adult bodies. Hilarious.

If you are such a rule and protocol follower, how come you have yet to change your avatar after the Washington Commanders deemed their previous symbol  and name, one that you continue to display, offensive and an ethnic slur?   Seems somebody so worried about protocol would be one of the first to change an offensive avatar. You might want to practice what you preach.

It is a good thing Royal Caribbean doesn't give a squat what you think and allows a more relaxed dress in the MDR, even renaming it to Dress your Best on many ships.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

It really is a shame that dressing for dinner has been so dumbed down.  I always ask people who say they wear shorts and flip flops to the MDR, would you wear that to a wedding in a formal venue?  If not, then you shouldn't be wearing them into a formal dining room on a ship.  I know, "it's my vacation, I paid for it, I'll wear what I want."  And we wonder why people in this country have no respect for rules. I know it's not actually a "rule", but there is such a thing as respect and common sense.  Which apparently many are lacking.  The waitstaff dresses for dinner; is it that hard for the passengers to do the same? What you wear won't impact my dinner, I think it's disrespectful to the venue and staff.  My opinion, just like those who wear shorts have theirs.  

The MDR on a Royal Caribbean ship is FAR from a formal venue, its more like a Chilis or TGIF

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

You should go on a cruise with Computer Nerd and then the two of you can dress up to your heart's content and make fun of those that don't.  The rest of us will just dress comfortably and enjoy the vacation that we paid a lot of money for, in order to do whatever we choose to do.

I was thinking the exact same thing.   🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎

• Like 2