Has Anyone Used a Certificate of Recovery from Covid?

Miss Picante

On 6/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, Shelly97060 said:

I also recovered from Covid recently. My  health provider ( Kaiser Permanente) won’t do any PCR tests for 90 days because they typically will show positive even though you have recovered ( it has to do with what the test measures according to my doctor).  They suggested getting the antigen test 10 days after my positive test. Sure enough, I tested negative.  After Covid recovery Antigen is the way to go in y experience. 

I promised to come back and update this thread with my experience with just taking my positive results from over 2 weeks ago to the pier.  

Along with my DH, who never contracted CoVid, I went for my PCR test anyway.  I really gave it a valiant try up my nares and while it took forever to get my test results back, wahoo ... I tested negative.  I was getting concerned about not getting my test results back in time ...not too concerned, I just didn't want a lengthy second screening at the pier.  So, I tested at home and it was negative.  After that, I wasn't so worried.  But when those results came back from my PCR test, then, I was really happy.  

So, unless I get the opportunity to ask at the pier without raising any red flags, I just don't know if they will take the positive results without the letter of recovery as they state on their website. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the information.  We have two in our party who have positive results three weeks before our sail date.  They got a letter from the epidemiologist.  They were wondering how to document that since the Medallion app only wants negative results.  The person they spoke with at Princess had no clue. I'm assuming they'll just have to present it at boarding.   

I recommended them getting an antigen/ or Naat test, but it seemed like one extra step to them.  

On 6/9/2022 at 11:37 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I promised to come back and update this thread with my experience with just taking my positive results from over 2 weeks ago to the pier.  

Along with my DH, who never contracted CoVid, I went for my PCR test anyway.  I really gave it a valiant try up my nares and while it took forever to get my test results back, wahoo ... I tested negative.  I was getting concerned about not getting my test results back in time ...not too concerned, I just didn't want a lengthy second screening at the pier.  So, I tested at home and it was negative.  After that, I wasn't so worried.  But when those results came back from my PCR test, then, I was really happy.  

So, unless I get the opportunity to ask at the pier without raising any red flags, I just don't know if they will take the positive results without the letter of recovery as they state on their website. 

@CruiseRaiderThank you for coming back to let us know how your test went. Im hoping we have the same results in a couple of weeks. Hope you have a great cruise.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:37 AM, LImom said:

@CruiseRaiderThank you for coming back to let us know how your test went. Im hoping we have the same results in a couple of weeks. Hope you have a great cruise.

thank you!  I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  
We are having such a great cruise despite the rainy weather!