Live on Norwegian Pearl May 27th

Betsynh

16 hours ago, Betsynh said:

I’m a raving chocoholic, so if your celiac loved one is, too, the chef will make GF lava cake. I had it at least three times. Warm and yummy. Had to take a pic for you. 

5F5255C7-7F56-4595-8230-E6DCA545B32A.jpeg

My mom is a celiac and she and my dad are taking their first ever cruise on The Pearl with us next year. I am so happy that this an option for her!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

My mom is a celiac and she and my dad are taking their first ever cruise on The Pearl with us next year. I am so happy that this an option for her!

Analiza told us her contract is up in a couple of weeks so someone else will be your dietary needs person… I submitted an email ahead of time indicating my need for GF dining but somehow didn’t make it on to her list. In the long run it didn’t matter but she had about 24 of us she was managing this trip. 

We ate in Summer Palace the first lunch and somehow wound up with a beautiful window table for every single meal afterwards! Kindness and gratitude go a long way—and the dining room was never crowded. We gave Analiza a hefty tip because I had zero food anxiety the entire trip and she never made me feel high maintenance. The preordered meals are tied to your cabin # so I think you can eat just about anywhere and they can easily retrieve your preorder. Have fun!

On 6/3/2022 at 7:01 AM, Betsynh said:

I’m a raving chocoholic, so if your celiac loved one is, too, the chef will make GF lava cake. I had it at least three times. Warm and yummy. Had to take a pic for you. 

5F5255C7-7F56-4595-8230-E6DCA545B32A.jpeg

This is fantastic news.

DH was diagnosed quite late in life with severe celiac disease (not just a mild intolerance or preference).  I sometimes try not to eat some goodies because he can't have them, too, although he gets upset if I do that.

And I *LOVE* molten chocolate cake of any type.

We used to each many of these on NCL cruises.  (We once had our Butler bring us several after dinner.  Oink.)

The GF version of many things recently taste amazingly good.  In many cases, we'd never have guessed they were "GF" or for some sort of "restricted diet" at all.

This makes it so much easier to keep to that diet, thank goodness.

GC

• Like 1