Beverage Package Questions

Are Energy Drinks given to you in unopened cans?

Would be nice to bring back to room and stored in fridge. 

How closely does NCL monitor when you order drinks?

I see you can order two at a time. 

What if I order two specialty coffee drinks and bring to my wife and daughter?

Wife will have the upgraded package but NCL doesn't seem to have a nonalcoholic package that includes water, energy drinks and specialty coffees. 

Energy drinks and coffees are not available with the standard Premium package. It appears you have the Premium PLUS package. 

If you are asking whether it is o.k. to defraud the cruise line and give your drinks to someone without a package, then the answer is that it is not o.k. to defraud the cruise line. And if caught, your beverage package will be cancelled without refund. 

• Like 3

It's random. Hopefully you're asking for your own consumption or those in your cabin with the same package. Some bartenders will be relaxed about requests to leave a can or bottle sealed, others less so. Best bet is to pick a bar as your regular spot and get to know the servers. Being friendly and a repeat customer usually makes a difference when you ask for something outside the norm. If I were you, I'd plan to pay for your daughter's beverages not covered by her package. 

14 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

It's random. Hopefully you're asking for your own consumption or those in your cabin with the same package. Some bartenders will be relaxed about requests to leave a can or bottle sealed, others less so. 

Admittedly, I don't consume energy drinks but I DO drink a lot of Pellegrino.  I asked my steward to empty my refrigerator and I used it to store a few bottles (for my own use, for what it's worth.)  Whenever I'd ask for a couple bottles at a bar, I was always given them, unopened, no questions asked.  The bars/bartenders varied and it was usually was some random bar near the elevator on the way up to my room. 

As for Starbucks, you can order two drinks.  I suppose if you immediately handed one to someone else, you could be called out on it and frankly you'd deserve it for flaunting the rules.  I've not seen it happen but that isn't to say that it doesn't occur.  Of course, if you bring both drinks up to your room, who's gonna know?

I'm pretty certain both of you have to upgrade to the Premium Plus for the exact reason of what you are proposing.  Obviously there could be some medical exceptions to this, but in general that is the rule.

That aside, Premium Plus gives you some power and notability amongst the bar tenders, so once they get to know you, bringing 2 of anything you want on Plus is just not an issue.  I have done it with Starbucks, water, energy drinks, etc.  The caveat being, the bartenders knew that it was me and my wife and that we both had the Premium Plus.  It is possible they police it more if they recognize only one person in the cabin has the package.  Remember "sharing" is not allowed, even though I'm sure people get away with it.  

So technically, if you are able to only get 1 person on Plus in the cabin, that one person "should" have the ability to order 2 unopened drinks and bring them back to the room.

40 minutes ago, rams1976 said:

I've ordered drinks plenty of times on a package and let other people drink them. I've never had any problems.

Ironically, Its probably much easier to accomplish when everybody in the cabin has the package but you are cruising with friends, or meet new friends on board, that are in a different cabin and don't have the package, and share with them.  Literally there is no real way to trace where the drinks are going unless you are being brazen and doing it right in front of bartenders/staff and talking about it.