Has anyone taken a TA from Europe to NA yet? How does the Covid thing work in terms of disembarkation?

ysolde

We are booked on NCL Escape from Rome to NY starting Nov 1 (Yay!).  It starts out as a Med cruise, then crosses the Atlantic and ends up in NYC.  For those who have done a TA already, I have a question how does the disembarkation process work? I am assuming there is some sort of Covid testing being done a day or two prior on board, or am I wrong? If people test positive prior to disembarkation, what happens?  Am I stressing too much about this?

8 minutes ago, ysolde said:

I am assuming there is some sort of Covid testing being done a day or two prior on board, or am I wrong?

Why do you assume this?  The CDC has no requirement for covid testing in order to enter the U.S. by ship (or by land, for that matter), only by plane. 

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Why do you assume this?  The CDC has no requirement for covid testing in order to enter the U.S. by ship (or by land, for that matter), only by plane. 

OK.  It's weird, because like so many others, we'll be going straight from the ship to the airport to catch our flight home.  I had no idea if NCL was testing people to let them know if they were OK to go out and fly home, but I guess it doesn't matter, from a public health perspective, anymore.