Shore excursion to Jost Van Dyke

kikikc

I was wondering if anyone has taken this excursion from Tortola.  I really want to visit Jost and Soggy Dollar bar but I don’t swim so I’m wondering if they pull up on the beach enough to wade in or if you have to swim in.  Thanks in advance for any info. 

I was just there this week off the Equinox, but we hired  a private catamaran to sail over. I talked to someone at Soggy Dollar who came on the ship tour. 

Evidently, they take you to the ferry dock, not to White Bay.

Then you take a bus over the hill to White Bay, where all the bars are.  

So, unless someone else can confirm/ deny this, it sounds like yes, you can cheat and get to S$B without getting soggy. Not nearly as much fun, tho. 

I did this excursion five years ago. We anchored in White Bay. You could either swim to shore or they had a small dinghy to take people to the beach (plus the bags from the people who swam to shore). Same options back to the boat. Based upon the current description on the celebrity website, it sounds like the same as when I experienced it. The description does indicate they will have bus transfers from a nearby dock if there are poor weather conditions.

Edited by kwis29