NCL MEMBERS ONLY COCKTAIL PARTY INSIGHT NEEDED

VineaMea

Hi, NCL recently changed its Latitude Rewards. I haven't attended a membership only cocktail party. It says to find out the time/date by going to guest services or maybe cruise next. But has anybody attended post pandemic? Please no response if you attended prior to 2022. 

What to expect? Dress code? Is it worth it opposed to selecting a different activity? 

Did one on the Getaway last week.

Cruise next.

Go first day and check out what latitude benefits are being offered dates and times.

No behind the scenes, got $50 OBC(covered extra speciality tips)

Dinner with officers We had reinstated(did not happen Nov) 

only 4 pax so pretty covid safe, Not with stripes but a lovely lady from entertainment became the sacrificial "officer". 

The loyalty event( was well attended(30% capacity Baltics lots of new UK cruisers),

Pretty generous on the fizzy wine giveaways (nearly every is AI anyway) for various milestones, cruises and married

50% event, thanks for coming back type stuff from captain and seniors then the giveaway  most loyal number of cruise years married etc.

50% sales talk, the Getatway cruise next manager is very enthusiastic on that ship

No dress code as such it was in 11:30 morning of a late arrival, I would say most smart casual, regular sea day attire(not swim wear) would have been OK.

Cruise  lines are pretending covid is over and packing the ships when they can, can't makes excuses for not doing the social gathering events when they pack the theatres etc.

I understand behind the scenes as that can expose none pax facing crew.

Officers are not very visible yet,  covid/Isolation is still a big operational issue as ships don't have spares at the top.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've attended several Latitude Parties since the restart. Usually it is held early afternoon of the first sea day and time/location is announced in the Freestyle. It's basically a pitch for Cruise Next but also celebrates all the different Latitude levels with free drinks and small passed appetizers. Every one I have gone to was attended by senior officers (the captain being there only a few times); there is a band or duo playing music and it lasts about an hour. No dress code.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Did one on the Getaway last week.

Cruise next.

Go first day and check out what latitude benefits are being offered dates and times.

No behind the scenes, got $50 OBC(covered extra speciality tips)

Dinner with officers We had reinstated(did not happen Nov) 

only 4 pax so pretty covid safe, Not with stripes but a lovely lady from entertainment became the sacrificial "officer". 

The loyalty event( was well attended(30% capacity Baltics lots of new UK cruisers),

Pretty generous on the fizzy wine giveaways (nearly every is AI anyway) for various milestones, cruises and married

50% event, thanks for coming back type stuff from captain and seniors then the giveaway  most loyal number of cruise years married etc.

50% sales talk, the Getatway cruise next manager is very enthusiastic on that ship

No dress code as such it was in 11:30 morning of a late arrival, I would say most smart casual, regular sea day attire(not swim wear) would have been OK.

Cruise  lines are pretending covid is over and packing the ships when they can, can't makes excuses for not doing the social gathering events when they pack the theatres etc.

I understand behind the scenes as that can expose none pax facing crew.

Officers are not very visible yet,  covid/Isolation is still a big operational issue as ships don't have spares at the top.  

Thank you so much for the details, I am grateful. 

4 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

I've attended several Latitude Parties since the restart. Usually it is held early afternoon of the first sea day and time/location is announced in the Freestyle. It's basically a pitch for Cruise Next but also celebrates all the different Latitude levels with free drinks and small passed appetizers. Every one I have gone to was attended by senior officers (the captain being there only a few times); there is a band or duo playing music and it lasts about an hour. No dress code.

Thank you so much for the details, I am grateful!

yeah, i gotta agree... it's largely a cruise next promo event. at the last one i attended, the cruise next guy sought me out, introduced himself and spent ten minute stalking about the prima, which i found interesting. (but i'm not inclined to purchasing cruise next certificates.)

for those without drink packages, these parties are an opportunity to drink up, i suppose, but, in general, these events provide very little value. if you're not doing anything and you want the chance to perhaps maybe meet an officer, or if you have some sort of customer service issue and are hoping to find a "suit" who can offer problem resolution, then there might be a reason to attend.

the passed hors d'oeuvres are often quite good. (although many are the same as might be delivered to a suite or haven room.)

• Thanks 1

100% agree with everything UKstages said.

We found them valuable in pre-drink package days, as a way to get some free drinks and yes, the hors d'oeurves were usually very good. And when we were fairly early in our NCL experience, it was a nice way to get used to the standard and new sailing routes.  I still consider attending each cruise if I am feeling social and in need of a/c. 🙂

• Thanks 1

In years past, the Latitudes parties offered more in the form of drawings for give-aways such as champagne or tee shirts.  The one that we just attended, on the Pearl had very little in prizes, but the hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and music were nice.  Yes, the guy from Cruise Next did his sales pitch.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

In years past, the Latitudes parties offered more in the form of drawings for give-aways such as champagne or tee shirts.  The one that we just attended, on the Pearl had very little in prizes, but the hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and music were nice.  Yes, the guy from Cruise Next did his sales pitch.

Thank you so much!