Covid test before Cruise

Ellen495

We are coming to Anchorage 3 days prior to our cruise. We are staying in Seward one night (arrive very late), Fjord trip, and then Gold Star Train to Anchorage - and then train to Whittier the day of the cruise. We're bringing proctored tests (EMED) which I do believe are accepted to embark. I'm a little concerned just in case anything goes wrong with internet - doubt it - but who knows. 

Is there a place in Whittier to test before embarking? 

Once in Canada, we intend to use the tests to fly back to USA. I assume we can't use a Canadian drugstore with US insurance.... 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Ellen

We also need to test in Vancouver, & then again at sea in Alaska day before flying back to US.

Just flew back from Amsterdam 2 days ago, & we brought 4 of the free iHealth test kits we got from USPS, as well as 3 Emed kits for backup.

We used 2 of the free kit, wife & I, got proctored by rapidtestandtrace.com in hotel room, $20 each.  Worked extremely well.  Liked it better than the Emed.  10 minutes for procedures, 15 minute wait for negative results, proctor emailed negative results PDF immediately, confirmed that we got email before signing off.

So we bought & booked 4 more proctored tests from them for our cruise later in the month.

Will bring 6 of those free tests with us, as well as 3 Emeds for backup...

• Like 1

@NavyCruiser  That's the smoothest and clearest description I've read about in hotel testing.  Thanks for the details.  We have some proctored tests coming up.  How do you deal with the nerves?  No problem for us performing the tests - it's the outcome that unsettles me.

Deb

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pfund said:

Where is the Beacon Covid testing site in Seward  I am unable to find it.

Not sure why they don’t make their locations more visible. The one in Whittier was next to the cruise terminal entrance. It was a temporary trailer. Have to think since they are temporary that the Seward one is near the terminal as well. You might ask at the Chamber or Visit Seward if they know. It might also say once you register with them.

3 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

We also need to test in Vancouver, & then again at sea in Alaska day before flying back to US.

Just flew back from Amsterdam 2 days ago, & we brought 4 of the free iHealth test kits we got from USPS, as well as 3 Emed kits for backup.

We used 2 of the free kit, wife & I, got proctored by rapidtestandtrace.com in hotel room, $20 each.  Worked extremely well.  Liked it better than the Emed.  10 minutes for procedures, 15 minute wait for negative results, proctor emailed negative results PDF immediately, confirmed that we got email before signing off.

So we bought & booked 4 more proctored tests from them for our cruise later in the month.

Will bring 6 of those free tests with us, as well as 3 Emeds for backup...

Did you use a laptop or your phone? 

59 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Did you use a laptop or your phone? 

I used my Samsung android phone.  

Wife used her iPhone.

Both worked great, after download Microsoft Teams app.  Proctor video & audio came in clear, full screen, with my video in smaller screen in corner...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

I used my Samsung android phone.  

Wife used her iPhone.

Both worked great, after download Microsoft Teams app.  Proctor video & audio came in clear, full screen, with my video in smaller screen in corner...

Thanks! I had a few questions and rapid test and trace answered quickly. So that's booked. My pre-travel checklist is SO much longer than it used to be!

• Like 1