Konigsdam Itinerary Change for August 6 departure from Vancouver

steve4031

I copied and pasted the information from the email.  As far as I can see there is no negative impact for me.  We arrive the day before.  My assumptions is that this is related to low and high tides.  I am sharing this because others may be impacted and might want to know ahead of time.  

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION

Please be advised that due to operational reasons, Koningsdam will now depart Vancouver at 4:00pm and all guests must check in by 3:00pm. As a result of this change, flights into Vancouver should arrive no later than 1:00pm on embark day. For Flight Ease guests with early-arriving flights, you will be rebooked automatically and advised of your new air schedule. For guests with independent arrangements, please rebook flights that arrive before 1:00pm. Should you incur unexpected expenses such as air change fees, reimbursement requests may be submitted for consideration via the form at http://*****/HAL_CHGFEE Additionally, we have revised our call times in Ketchikan, Alaska. The revised itinerary displays in full below. We regret any inconvenience these changes may cause and look forward to welcoming you on board.

This is the new Itinerary:

Day

Date

Itinerary

Arrival

Departure

SAT

06 AUG 

Sail from Vancouver, B.C., CA

4:00pm

SU

07AUG

Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage

MO

08AUG

Tracy Arm Inlet

Service Call Shore Excursion Guests Only

9:00am

9:30am

MO

08AUG2

Juneau, Alaska, US

1:00pm

10:00pm

TU

09AUG2

Skagway, Alaska, US

7:00am

8:00pm

WE

10AUG2

Glacier Bay

Cruising Only Route/Time Subject To Weather/Ice

4:00pm

TH

11AUG

Ketchikan, Alaska, US

11:00am

7:00pm

FRI

12AUG

Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage

Cruising Only

SA

13AUG

Debark Ship Vancouver, B.C., CA

We had a similar message for our cruise on Koningsdam which leaves Vancouver on July 2nd - hadn't thought much of the "why" but perhaps the tide is part of it (though the interval between our embark dates doesn't quite fit the lunar interval for the same tide schedule but it's close).

We will be sitting in the steak house eating at 5 p.m. regardless of what the ship is doing.  Clothesline bacon should be about the 3rd thing I eat on the ship that day.  Have not figured out lunch yet.  

• Like 1