Does "sold out" really mean "sold out"?

KnoxvilleSam

I was checking out the availability of remaining cabins on our Millennium cruise from Venice to Barcelona this summer (June 19 departure) to gauge the possibility of last-minute upgrades, but the Celebrity site and several discounters' sites (e.g., Expedia, *****) say that all except inside cabins are sold out. Does that seem likely? This is our first Med cruise, so I have no experience for the popularity of this particular cruise.

Thanks,

Knoxville Sam

I was checking out the availability of remaining cabins on our Millennium cruise from Venice to Barcelona this summer (June 19 departure) to gauge the possibility of last-minute upgrades, but the Celebrity site and several discounters' sites (e.g., Expedia, *****) say that all except inside cabins are sold out. Does that seem likely? This is our first Med cruise, so I have no experience for the popularity of this particular cruise.

Thanks,

Knoxville Sam

Hi Sam !

While it may be "sold out" at this moment, keep in mind that most passengers simply have a deposit with Celebrity, that is holding a cabin for that date. As the sailing gets closer to "Final Payment" date, there is a good chance that there will be a few cancellations.

You should ask your travel agent or Celebrity when Final Payment is due for your particular sailing, and keep checking as it gets closer to that date.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Sorry to be so dense on this. I'd forgotten that many cruisers don't pay the whole thing upfront/early. Not that I'm an angel on this, but for some reason on this particular cruise we did pay upfront.

I'll check back later.

Thanks again.

Knoxville Sam

Sorry to be so dense on this. I'd forgotten that many cruisers don't pay the whole thing upfront/early. Not that I'm an angel on this, but for some reason on this particular cruise we did pay upfront.

I'll check back later.

Thanks again.

Knoxville Sam

Hi Sam !

That was not dense at all. It was a good question. Feel free to ask away anytime !

Archived