First steps if positive Covid test :(

cruising7

Can anyone explain NCL that current options who’s been through or knows someone who has? 

I’ve read and read and am so confused. Just wondering what options are in a cabin of 6, if 2 people are positive and can’t go, do you have options for refund, or future cruise credit? It won’t be much as they were very cheap 4th 5th passenger so FCC credit won’t be rough for those 2 to take a cruise. 

if anyone has had to go through this and can tell me where to start I’d appreciate it. We do have the standard trip insurance too. Thanks. 

Edited by cruising7

I was suppose to be on the Pearl on the 27th and tested positive for covid on the 18th. Still positive on the 26th . Cancelled cruise and was told to send an e mail to guest relations. I received an e mail back and said I would hear by 30days. Just got an e mail this morning and was told if I have insurance, which I do, to put the claim in there first and if its refused send the refusal letter with other information noted on the bottom of the email to them. I would assume if insurance is denied then and only then will NCL issue a credit. It is for anyone traveling in the same cabin. I already rebooked this cruise and I am now leaving Friday. Hopefully the insurance will approve. I would prefer money back than a credit that has to be used a year from the claim. Good luck!

NCL's cancel policy used to insinuate that if you canceled due to a positive covid test, you'd get an FCC, however if you were denied boarding because of a positive covid test could get a refund in lieu of an FCC. That link was available last week, it no longer goes to that policy anymore: https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

If that is still the case, it seems you need to force NCL to deny you boarding...