Wwyd???

mom2eli

Wondering what I should do. Hubby and I are booked to leave on Imagination on 3/13 (two weeks - woohooo!). We have an interior cabin booked on the main deck next to the couple we are cruising with (my sis and her hubby). I called Carnival to see if there were any upgrades available and they said they could move us to a gaurenteed oceanview room. Wondering what you would do????

I'd say it depends how easy going you are. I booked an inside for my next cruise but then switched it to an outside GTD for the same price. Now I'm on pins and needles worrying about what cabin we'll get. I DO like to see out and that may make it worth it no matter what cabin we get.

You won't know what GTD cabin you get until now until you board. There is a way to check through the FunPass page on Carnival's website, if you decide to change.

It would be a free upgrade and sis could have hers moved to an OV gaurentee also. I just can't make up my mind.

I really don't see what the problem is, be in an inside room with no view or have a room with a view, this seems like a no brain-er!

It would be a free upgrade and sis could have hers moved to an OV gaurentee also. I just can't make up my mind.

If you are saying you both can get a free upgrade to OV, do it!! Even if you are both in different areas, you'll enjoy the view so much more! (Plus, if you and your dh get noisy one night, you won't have to explain it to your sister!)

Since it's free, then go for it. I'm guessing that you are new to cruising, so if not don't be offended. The inside rooms are usually really dark and seem smaller. And it is so nice to be able to gaze out your window and see the sun rise (or set - depending on what side you're on!) You and sis snap those up and have a great cruise!

I was torn over what to do, because I didn't know if it was best to risk having cabins apart. Well the issue was solved for me. Thanks to your overwhelming response to go for it. I called Carnival back. Turns out since I booked air through carnival, (long story - was best to do it with the cruise line) the rate was not eligeable since it was a cruise only rate. I explained that I had talked to someone previously and they had offered me an oceanview gaurentee. So they told me they coulndn't do that, but that they would switch us to a riveria oceanview. I thought that was fair. We are in R53 and R131 - about 20 cabins apart. Do you think this is good?

Archived