Comments on Mariner 992 or Horizon Suites?

We will be booked on the Mariner to Alaska in a Horizon Suite (#992) and wondered if anyone had any comments regarding the specific room or the Horizon Suites generally. Any complaints of exhaust fumes on the aft balconies? Not sure if there would be any, as I believe the engines are electric.

Thanks in advance!

When I got back onto the ship each day in Alaska, I coveted those cabins, seeing them from the dock. My kids (20-somethings) got invited by a really nice couple to their cabin one night, they said the cabin and balcony were awesome! This was not a corner cabin, just an aft cabin on deck 9.

Agree Olivia - we looked at all of them and of course corner suites are sooo nice but I would have been happy in any of them - and much like you would look up, as we were returning to ship, and think some day some day - Joanna

Honeymooner:

My wife and I were in 991 on a carribean cruise...wonderful suite.....

A lot of the viewing in Alaska is from your balcony, so it would be especially nice......

jeff

We've spent 30 days+ in both 989 (the starboard corner Seven Seas Suite) and in 992. These are among our favorite accomodations at sea! The corner suites have the best balconies, separate living and bed rooms, a large dining table, and 1 1/2 baths. They also have a somewhat awkward closet which you have to go through in order to get to the bathroom and the bedroom has a fixed window that doesn't open.

The Horizon suites, such as 992, have huge balconies that are almost as good as the corner ones and they also have wonderful & enormous closets. They are also substantially cheaper than the Seven Seas Suites.

On the Mariner, we book the Horizon suites. If RSSC wants to upgrade us to a Seven Seas Aft suite, we would be happy to take it, but we don't really feel that it is worth the extra money.

BTW, the balconies on the aft suites on deck 7 are much smaller than those on deck 8, 9, and 10. But, any of the Horizon or Seven Seas suites on 8, 9 or 10 is just splendid. And, no there are no exhaust fumes.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I was looking forward to this cruise, but with the further info regarding the cabin, I'm looking foreward to it even more! :)

I especially appreciate the comment to my exhaust question. I tend to be sensitive to diesel exhaust and wanted to know going in what to expect.

My finace and I are both avid (amateur) photographers, so we will be sure to return the favor by boring you with our photos on our return. :D

Thanks again!

Based on the great posts for this thread, I've had my TA waitlist us for all the SS suites except the ones on deck 7. We're booked into a Penthouse C suite as of now, but hope a SS opens up. We're sailing 11/30/06 - Auckland to LA.

Thanks again.

Leonid:

When we booked 991, we avoided deck 10 because deck 11 aft is the Verandah (breakfast/lunch restaurant) and people do sit outside....you might want to start a seperate thread and check out other people's experience regarding noise and privacy.....

jeff

Archived