Palma de Mallorca: how to get to Parc de La Mar

Our ship is docked in Palma De Mallorca until 4pm on Monday 6/27. Since we don’t have much time in port we were considering a guided walking tour (Mallorca free walking tours-orange umbrellas) which meets at 11 at Park de La Mar. how do we get there from the cruise port? Is it walkable? Are taxis readily available near the cruise port? How much time should we allow to get there either walking or by taxi? The tour is 2 hours long so I guess we should be done by 1pm. Will that allow enough time for peak shopping and lunch afterwards? I’m guessing that we will need to be back to the ship by 3,3:15. I know it’s a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for your help

The parc de la mar is the area between the cathedrale and the sea.

It is a nice walk around the bay/ the port but takes maybe 45 minutes. There is a public bus, a taxi will be quite inexpensive, maybe 10 minutes.

Edited by carlmm
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Our ship is docked in Palma De Mallorca until 4pm on Monday 6/27. Since we don’t have much time in port we were considering a guided walking tour (Mallorca free walking tours-orange umbrellas) which meets at 11 at Park de La Mar. how do we get there from the cruise port? Is it walkable? Are taxis readily available near the cruise port? How much time should we allow to get there either walking or by taxi? The tour is 2 hours long so I guess we should be done by 1pm. Will that allow enough time for peak shopping and lunch afterwards? I’m guessing that we will need to be back to the ship by 3,3:15. I know it’s a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for your help

There should be a shuttle bus from the ship that will drop you right opposite the parc de mar., this also the point where all the main shops start.

The main shopping  area is quite  compact and you should have plenty of time to include  lunch.  

17 hours ago, carlmm said:

The parc de la mar is the area between the cathedrale and the sea.

It is a nice walk around the bay/ the port but takes maybe 45 minutes. There is a public bus, a taxi will be quite inexpensive, maybe 10 minutes.

Thank you for your response. That seems like too long a walk for us. We are more likely to hop into a taxi. Are they right outside the cruse terminal? Thanks

4 hours ago, roger b said:

There should be a shuttle bus from the ship that will drop you right opposite the parc de mar., this also the point where all the main shops start.

The main shopping  area is quite  compact and you should have plenty of time to include  lunch.  

Good to know, thanks. Is there anywhere you would recommend in that area for lunch? Thank you.

3 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Good to know, thanks. Is there anywhere you would recommend in that area for lunch? Thank you.

There are many restaurants in this area Do not pick one that shows pics of the food outside .

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Restaurante+Casa+Julio/@39.5697444,2.6498437,19z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sRestaurants!3m5!1s0x1297924fd6a8fa43:0xe1816a3404fd2b35!8m2!3d39.5697444!4d2.6509005!15sCgtSZXN0YXVyYW50c1oNIgtyZXN0YXVyYW50c5IBCnJlc3RhdXJhbnQ?hl=en

True Spanish restaurant with Menu del dia 3 courses including a bottle of wine and bread for 11 eu 

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Ombu+Tapas+%26+Cocktails/@39.5690931,2.6392339,16z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sRestaurants!3m4!1s0x12979244dfa4fb7b:0x9f0846e14fe5015!8m2!3d39.5690931!4d2.64614?hl=en

Great tapas 300 ft From the Parc de Mar

49 minutes ago, roger b said:

Thanks so much!! Very kind of you to take the time. I looked at the pics. Made me hungry!