Embarkation Day for Neptune Suite-Lunch options

steve4031

I am on the Konigsdam out of Vancouver for an Alaskan Cruise.  In the past before COVID, I know they had a lunch in the MDR for Mariner members.  I was wondering if their are additional lunch options available for suite passengers.  

No more Embarkation Mariner lunches nor menus.  In fact, the MDR is open to all with the same basic menu as every other day.   Suites passengers do not have any special lunch options on enbarkation, nor any other day.  

Of course you could do a very light lunch in the Neptune lounge, but its mostly snacks and apps.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thank you for this information.  Since we will likely be able to board earlier we could go to the MDR for lunch.  That would be the most relaxing approach IMHO.  IIRC the cabins are open for immediate occupation when we board.  

1 hour ago, steve4031 said:

Thank you for this information.  Since we will likely be able to board earlier we could go to the MDR for lunch.  That would be the most relaxing approach IMHO.  IIRC the cabins are open for immediate occupation when we board.  

Yes they are ready for you when you board.  We drop our stuff off in the cabin, put away a few things, go to the Neptune Lounge to make reservations (before it gets crowded), swap out free bottle of sparkling wine for a white (or red) house wine and head to the MDR for a nice lunch (but often slow service).

1 hour ago, steve4031 said:

The MDR was not open upon embarkation on the Koningsdam either in November 2021 or March 2022.  Seems like some ships are open on embarkation but it "might" not be.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:33 AM, steve4031 said:

I would not count on the MDR. I have been on 4 sailings since the restart and it has been closed on every single one of them. I have seen reports on here that it is open sometimes so it really seems to vary. The good news is ships don't seem to be too crowded and I have had no issue getting space in the lido inside or outside. 

Yes to cabins being available when you board. This is something HAL does extremely well and very consistently. Cabins are ready at embarkation and they do not rush you out of them before disembarkation. I have not had an issue with this on any sailing since 2008. 

Edited by zgscl
  • Thanks 1