Mardi Gras sofa bed question

alexmom

I'm wondering how comfortable the sofa beds are in a cove balcony.  My 6'4" 27 year old 190 pound son will be sleeping on it.  We do have a pullman in our cabin, which he's slept on before, I heard someone in a Youtube video say it wasn't very comfortable though.  Since this is the reschedule of the Mardi Gras birthday cruise that was cancelled May 2021, I want him happy.  Thanks in advance for any reviews of the cove sofa beds on Mardi Gras that I can get !

He may be more comfy standing in the corner of the room.  I'm 5'10 and like just fit.  Granted it was on other ships but at 6'4" that could be feet hanging off territory.  Maybe he will find a single cruiser person to hang out with and the sofa will not be an issue 🙈🙉🙊

17 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

He may be more comfy standing in the corner of the room.  I'm 5'10 and like just fit.  Granted it was on other ships but at 6'4" that could be feet hanging off territory.  Maybe he will find a single cruiser person to hang out with and the sofa will not be an issue 🙈🙉🙊

He was 6'4" when we took our first cruise on the Carnival Dream for his 17th birthday.  He has slept on sofas and upper pullmans this whole time - on the Allure, the Royal Princess and the Caribbean Princess - with no problems, and of course, the Dream.  The video I saw on Youtube said the bed was uncomfortable because of metal bars, or pieces, in the sofa bed.  I'm just trying to find out if that's a real thing.

51-y.o. fairly fit male here. In the last couple years I've twice slept on a Carnival sofa bed made up for one, and I'll warn you in advance it's NOT comfortable - hard as a rock, and I like a firm mattress. Granted, neither were in the newer Mardi Gras cabin style so theoretically it could be less unpleasant if the couches are significantly different from the ships I sailed. Your son is half my age so he may fare better. 

That said, I'd do it again if the cabin price is right 😛

Edited by newpherchris