No wheelchair accessible excursions in Azores -- what to do?

ysolde

Today was the day that we got to select our excursions for our TA cruise which is coming up in April.  It is not exactly port-intensive (something which I enjoy about a TA, as it gives us many relaxing days at sea to get to know a new ship and fellow passengers).  However, as a passenger in a wheelchair, I do appreciate the ability to have at least one excursion available to me at each port.  One of our ports on this cruise is Azores, and none of the excursions at this port are available to wheelchair users.  I am at a loss right now.  The only thing I can think to do is to call Regent in the morning and let them know, to see if they can put together just one excursion for wheelchair users in the Azores.  I really hate to sound like a whiner: it is a beautiful ship and, if I end up spending an extra day on board, it won't be the end of the world.  

7 hours ago, ysolde said:

Today was the day that we got to select our excursions for our TA cruise which is coming up in April.  It is not exactly port-intensive (something which I enjoy about a TA, as it gives us many relaxing days at sea to get to know a new ship and fellow passengers).  However, as a passenger in a wheelchair, I do appreciate the ability to have at least one excursion available to me at each port.  One of our ports on this cruise is Azores, and none of the excursions at this port are available to wheelchair users.  I am at a loss right now.  The only thing I can think to do is to call Regent in the morning and let them know, to see if they can put together just one excursion for wheelchair users in the Azores.  I really hate to sound like a whiner: it is a beautiful ship and, if I end up spending an extra day on board, it won't be the end of the world.  

Can you arrange something privately?

2 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Can you arrange something privately?

That's a very good question.  I need to look into whether the Azores are allowing private excursions and whether Regent is allowing private excursions.  If they are, we may be able to put something together.

Currently on the phone with Regent (well, on a long hold, to be precise).  None of the excursions I tried to reserve (the only ones that accepted wheelchairs in Bermuda and Cadiz) are showing up as reserved in our account.  Not sure what went wrong in the system, but hopefully, Regent can resolve the issue.  Sigh.

13 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Currently on the phone with Regent (well, on a long hold, to be precise).  None of the excursions I tried to reserve (the only ones that accepted wheelchairs in Bermuda and Cadiz) are showing up as reserved in our account.  Not sure what went wrong in the system, but hopefully, Regent can resolve the issue.  Sigh.

Well, that problem has been solved by our PCC.  She said she would look further into the Azores problem. We'll see.  I must say, Regent is responsive.