Early Self Disembarkation

ajbeaman

• 4 months later...

I was searching online for an answer to this myself.  DH and I will be on our 1st Azamara cruise in January and would like to know if self-disembarkation is possible in Miami;  we’ve done this several times on Celebrity.  Thanks in advance to anyone who might know! 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently on Journey and having trouble getting confirmation that disembarking 1hr early (6am) is possible. We are approaching the end of our cruise in Piraeus. The ship arrives 24 hours prior to disembarkation - the final day of the “cruise” is spent docked in Athens. The cruise originated in Athens and the last several ports of call have all been in Greece. Despite this, the crew has not been able to confirm (having had nearly 24 hours to work on the issue) that it will be possible.

The published disembarkation times are 7:00 to 9:30am. Given my experience, I would suggest that to avoid stress and extra work, plan to disembark only during normal hours, and book a flight out no earlier than noon from a local airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow5501 said:

I’m currently on Journey and having trouble getting confirmation that disembarking 1hr early (6am) is possible. We are approaching the end of our cruise in Piraeus. The ship arrives 24 hours prior to disembarkation - the final day of the “cruise” is spent docked in Athens. The cruise originated in Athens and the last several ports of call have all been in Greece. Despite this, the crew has not been able to confirm (having had nearly 24 hours to work on the issue) that it will be possible.

The published disembarkation times are 7:00 to 9:30am. Given my experience, I would suggest that to avoid stress and extra work, plan to disembark only during normal hours, and book a flight out no earlier than noon from a local airport.

I suspect the issue as in all ports is the customs as opposed to immigration authorities eg you can walk off and tour but taking luggage off is a different set of rules.  I know in Athens they do have to do a lot of juggling to accommodate when the authorities will or will not "appear" both at embarkation and disembarkation.

Your advice is spot on, allow plenty of time to get to the airport and I would say calculate from an 0800 walk off (Journey did not manage 0700 last month it was about 0730).  Personally I find trying to juggle with liquids etc and placing the case out is not something I am now good at so I opt to fly home the next day if I can - just a lot less stressful.  So my minimums are one day ahead and one day behind for my schedules

• Like 3

We're planning to disembark the Journey on the upcoming Antiquities cruise (Friday) two days early in Crete. Customer Service Representative said that it was no problem and would notify the ship. We will confirm with Guest Relations when we board Friday.

• Like 1