Radiance Live Review 6/10-13/2022

Wanna_Cruize

On 6/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Question- did they use both dining rooms now?

Glad to hear your husband is doing better.  Yes, they did use both dining rooms.

A couple of other things I noticed...

I was on this ship back in February and I think we had about 1,000 less passengers then.  I don't know if it was due to our cabin location, or the higher number of people (3100 this time according to the CD) but I noticed a sewage smell off and on this time, whereas I didn't last time (and I have heard that can also be a supply chain issue - availability of odor control chemicals for the treatment process).  Not a big deal, but something I took note of.

The staffing shortage is more apparent (hopefully it will be better by August).  I felt so bad for the crew working the pizza place.  They were so busy all the time and seemed to usually only have 1 person working there. 

We only tired to get on the ropes course once - it was supposed to open at 2:00 and by 2:45 when tons of people had lined up but nobody showed up to staff/open it, we finally gave up. 

Ice machines were frequently out of order (usually only one at a time though) and when two near each other went down, I notice they quickly roped off and fixed one of them.  I don't think the one on the back of the ship (by the ice cream) ever worked the entire cruise though.

As I mentioned earlier, we had no evening shows (singers/dancers) in the theater (apparently due to a mechanical failure according to the CD).  Sometimes they moved the comedian into the theater (which was nice, plenty of room) and also still had things like Love & Marriage show, Welcome Aboard show, etc.  

Overall it was a very good cruise.  Our dining room staff were excellent (really quick service). 

On 6/12/2022 at 11:14 AM, Wanna_Cruize said:

It's a great deal for sure, it runs from 12noon to 2pm. I think I'm going to go back to ordering the Cruiser for it, rather than the Caribbean Iced Tea I got this time.

Unfortunately I did not make it for the drink special (but I will keep trying, we are booked again next Feb). 🙂

Our plane was late, well technically, our plane was right on time but we sat on the runway at LAX for 50 minutes waiting for a gate (the airports are so much busier now!).  So then it was a chain reaction, harder to get an Uber (the later it got), we got to the terminal around 12:45 (which seems to be the worst time to arrive).  Lines were very long outside the terminal.  So everything just took a bit longer.  Fortunately once we got through security, we were able to get in the Diamond/Platinum/Suites line (which was empty) and then proceeded right onto the ship.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Lease let me know if sea day brunch steak & eggs is still filet mignon, or they changed steak type.

Sorry, I missed one other question - Yes, the Sea Day Brunch Steak & Eggs had the Filet  Mignon and it was very good.  

On 6/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

image.thumb.jpg.bc12e94794373e601fa90521f2a6876a.jpgThank you. Have a wonderful time. At least we did this exact cruise Feb 28th but only had 1100 on board! So we will return in future.  I did a
If anyone is doing the golf cart rental on Catalina, I attached our rental map. To save time, skip the left yellow that goes up to botanical gardens.

The botanical gardens are one of my favorite parts of Catalina! We bring a lunch and hike the gardens. There is a BEAUTIFUL view up a short hill, with gorgeous mosaic work. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:06 PM, csm5986142 said:

Glad to hear your husband is doing better.  Yes, they did use both dining rooms.

A couple of other things I noticed...

I was on this ship back in February and I think we had about 1,000 less passengers then.  I don't know if it was due to our cabin location, or the higher number of people (3100 this time according to the CD) but I noticed a sewage smell off and on this time, whereas I didn't last time (and I have heard that can also be a supply chain issue - availability of odor control chemicals for the treatment process).  

Thank you - was the assigned dining deck 4 sunrise? Back end Feb cruise we noted sewage smell port side as left lido to cabins there, and often by alchemy bar. 

19 hours ago, CourtneyLovesCruising said:

The botanical gardens are one of my favorite parts of Catalina! We bring a lunch and hike the gardens. There is a BEAUTIFUL view up a short hill, with gorgeous mosaic work. 

Perhaps the gardens were not in season end Feb when we were there. I was looking fwd mosaic tile, and photo ops but passed on time. Not saying ian’t worth it, but with a rental golf cart  and rate..choices had to be made. 

On 6/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, csm5986142 said:

Sorry, I missed one other question - Yes, the Sea Day Brunch Steak & Eggs had the Filet  Mignon and it was very good.  

Filet is no longer guaranteed. They switch back and forth between the filet and the strip loin based on availability. The server can tell you on a daily basis which they are currently serving.

• Like 1