EURODAM: Aft Deck One.....should I fear NOISE and VIBRATIONS?

mxschwartz

HI friends.

I've discovered old threads about how the Eurodam is rattling, shaking, vibrating, etc. to the point of dishes falling off tables, etc.

Is this something that has been fixed?

Have you been on deck one near the back of the ship? Am I okay to live there for a week, or will my teeth chatter out of my head?

Thanks!

I'm on Eurodam as we speak, just took a stroll down to deck 1 and went as far aft as possible.  There is no more noise or vibration down there than on any other deck (which is to say just about none).  I obviously couldn't go in anyone's cabin to see if that was any different but I can't see where it would be.

And as far as that old thread you found, it seems as though some people just like to complain and create drame.

It was a long time ago (2012) but the only time we really noticed the vibration was around the shops. It was so bad there that you could see bottles and the like vibrating together. We didn’t really notice it around the rest of the shop and certainly not in our suite. 

Sadly we haven’t been on the ship since so others may have an recent update.  

6 hours ago, mxschwartz said:

HI friends.

I've discovered old threads about how the Eurodam is rattling, shaking, vibrating, etc. to the point of dishes falling off tables, etc.

Is this something that has been fixed?

Have you been on deck one near the back of the ship? Am I okay to live there for a week, or will my teeth chatter out of my head?

Thanks!

That vibration was true but on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 2012. Not sure about Eurodam.  The Tamarind dishes ithe Nieuw Amsterdam that year took quite an effort on my part to keep them from just moving to the edge of the table.  That condition was repaired and now the Nieuw Amsterdam was fine in 2015.

Edited by Crew News

I'm going to amend my previous post.  When I did my little walkabout we were sailing at about 21 knots in calm waters. 

Overnight we got into some rougher seas and I could feel a strong vibration with a frequency of maybe 3 or 4 per second which woke me up a couple of times - I'm in an aft facing balcony on deck 5.  It's my guess that the propellers were cavitating  a little bit as the ship rocked.  Now that the seas have calmed a bit that vibration is gone.