FYI, Stolen Luggage at SeaTac

Caribensun

FYI,

i Had luggage stolen at SeaTac, Delta end of April, flew in early am same day as cruise.  Anyone else have problems?
still waiting for Police report.  Not Holland fault, but Delta, not happy with Delta airlines at all.  I didn’t have anything in luggage or on luggage that would have indicated cruising or travel.  A lot of homeless around baggage claim.

Have heard of others having issues too.

Holland staff were very helpful once I boarded.

Sandipalms

Very sorry this happened to you, but as Seattle is my hometown airport and I am Platinum (75k miles/year) on Delta, I've never had an issue at this airport for the 5 years I've lived here. In fact, with all of my travels, Seattle is one of my favorite airports in the country for its cleanliness and ease of layout- I'm at the airport averaging once every 5 weeks and I've NEVER seen anyone around baggage claim that looked like they were there for the wrong reasons. 

The Delta app should have been tracking your bags from the moment you handed it over to them and updates you as it goes along its journey ("on plane", "off plane", "at baggage claim") Did it show that it made it to baggage claim? 

I'm not saying that someone with bad intentions didn't steal your bag, but I want to share from a local that your experience was an extreme exception and not the norm at SEA. 

• Like 4