Dress code women for gala / dressy night and soda card question.

SweetsugarNL

Hello,

I am wondering what is the dresscode on gala / dressy night for women.

Is a dress needed or can a women also wear a nice pants with blouse / jacket?

And is the soda card still there?( unlimited drinks)

I read that you can buy a cup or something? (Rotterdam ship)

Does it not appear on the restaurants?

I can't answer the drink card question, other than to say that if you have a Have-it-all package, the drinks (alcohol, coffees, and sodas) are included, up to 15 drinks per day. I don't dress for Gala nights anymore. I wear black dress slacks with a sparkly top. My husband always wears a sport jacket and tie, but it's not neccesary. You may see an occasional gown, or a tux. In my twent-fives years of cruising Holland America, I have never seen anyone stopped because they are not dressed appropriately. On one cruise, there was a passenger dressed in an orange color one-piece coverall, and he wrore it everyday, everywhere, topped with a safai hat. Seriously. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Hello,

I am wondering what is the dresscode on gala / dressy night for women.

Is a dress needed or can a women also wear a nice pants with blouse / jacket?

And is the soda card still there?( unlimited drinks)

I read that you can buy a cup or something? (Rotterdam ship)

Does it not appear on the restaurants?

No you don’t have to wear a dress, never fear 😉 You just have to be dressed nicely - so yes nice pants with a blouse or jacket will suffice.

The soda card had gone the way of the dodo.  Thee is a Quench package you can purchase (assuming you do not have Have it All) which allows for all soft drinks, etc (non alcoholic).  the package is cheaper than the Signature Beverage Package and is limited to 15 drinks per day.

Your Rotterdam cup question is in regards to the fountain stations they have.  Haven’t sailed on her but my understanding is that the stations are in the Lido so no place to refill the cup in the other restaurants.  Hopefully someone with experience on her can confirm/correct/ expand.

• Thanks 1

Great about my gala night question!

Yes i remember there was a package with unlimited soda and acces to the freestyle machine on some ships. But i can’t find this package online.

We dont have booked the cruise yet, just figure the cost out.

12 minutes ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Great about my gala night question!

Yes i remember there was a package with unlimited soda and acces to the freestyle machine on some ships. But i can’t find this package online.

We dont have booked the cruise yet, just figure the cost out.

You can buy the 'soda package" almost anywhere on the ship that sells drinks. They give you a big HAL tumbler with a lid and put a sticker on your card. Supposedly it's only good for fountain drinks. Most of the time, they gave me a cup of nice and a can of soda.  

13 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

You can buy the 'soda package" almost anywhere on the ship that sells drinks. They give you a big HAL tumbler with a lid and put a sticker on your card. Supposedly it's only good for fountain drinks. Most of the time, they gave me a cup of nice and a can of soda.  

Thank you so much, sounds good!

Can we book this also when we have booked our cruise and add it on our booking?

9 minutes ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Thank you so much, sounds good!

Can we book this also when we have booked our cruise and add it on our booking?

Yes, you can. It's under my bookings, then purchase beverages. It is called "# DAY UNLIMITED COCA COLA PACKAGE'. 7-day package is $66 p/p.

Edited by seagarsmoker

50 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Yes, you can. It's under my bookings, then purchase beverages. It is called "# DAY UNLIMITED COCA COLA PACKAGE'. 7-day package is $66 p/p.

Thank you so much!

Does this include only the Coca Cola freestyle machine or also soda by the class at bars / restaurants?

14 minutes ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Thank you so much!

Does this include only the Coca Cola freestyle machine or also soda by the class at bars / restaurants?

7 DAY UNLIMITED COCA COLA PACKAGE

Enjoy unlimited refills of fountain soda for the duration of your voyage. It includes a souvenir cup that you can take home with you. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. 

We did Alaska, much less formal than other cruises. My husband wore black jeans and a button down shirt for gala night, the other nights nice jeans and a golf shirt. I wore black pants and a nice top for gala, the other nights nice jeans and a cute top.