"Upgraded" to an adjoining cabin

Jmox84

4 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I had received the upgrade notice around noon.  By the time I looked more closely at the deck plans and the upgrade notice details in the eventing it was after my PVP office hours so I called the number on the upgrade notice.  I'm not all that well versed in Princess practices.  After I called I did send my PVP an email.  The last time I emailed my PVP and left him a voicemail, I didn't hear back.  The notice said to contact Princess at a specific number within 48 hours to decline the upgrade. 

My pathetic upgrade was from an IF to an ID.  I mean, if I wanted the ID I would've paid the extra $20 to begin with.  I just don't understand the point of this particular upgrade.

Thanks so much for responding.  I guess it is all about timing. I hope you have a fantastic cruise, no matter which cabin you are in.  
Not everyone has a great PVP, that’s for sure. 

14 hours ago, Jmox84 said:

Yes she fixed it while we were on the phone.  No harm in calling your PVP in the morning.

10 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Can I ask why you didn’t call your PVP to start with? 

SomewhereGirl answered this but I think the question was asked of the OP - Jmox84.

I, too, wondered why, if they had a PVP, they didn't call them first.

My reservation is back to my original cabin and everything else in tack.  I received an email with a new booking confirmation.  This must've been the result of my call last evening because my PVP hasn't replied to my email yet today.  I guess I should also be glad it only took 10 min to get through last evening after reading of long hold times.

8 hours ago, chamima said:

SomewhereGirl answered this but I think the question was asked of the OP - Jmox84.

I, too, wondered why, if they had a PVP, they didn't call them first.

We didn't think she'd respond.  We tried to email her a couple months ago about another issue and our email bounced back stating she had blocked us! We had no idea why as we'd only ever had 1 very pleasant interaction with her, but we did not feel like pressing to find out why.  Fast forward to the room issue.  We tried the agents first believing that we likely no longer had a PVP as someone made it onto a "blocked" list.  When we got nowhere with the general agents, we decided to give her a shot.  She returned our call quickly and fixed our "upgrade".  Still have no idea why our email is blocked with her, but that's an issue for another day!

• Thanks 1