Looking for wait times in security checkin in Boston

Artcricket

I have some mobility issues and I’m hoping some recent cruisers out of Boston can advise on how long they were in line to get through security. I have read being in the Haven doesn’t matter until after security. Appreciate any recent information. 

Mid April it was a nightmare of about an hour and half, mostly outside the building, to where they checked vaxx card and travel authorization.  Upstairs was the metal detector and only after that was there Haven check in and Haven waiting area. Somewhere on CC last week I read that the procedure/wait times in Boston had been much improved. 

Like @meglet said, we cruised mid-April and arrived at 1050a and it took just about an hour from the time we got in line down stairs until we had our key cards in hand, boarding started around 1210p.  My parents sailed on June 3rd and said there was little to no wait down stairs.  Not sure what it was like upstairs as they were in the Haven.  

22 hours ago, Artcricket said:

I have some mobility issues and I’m hoping some recent cruisers out of Boston can advise on how long they were in line to get through security. I have read being in the Haven doesn’t matter until after security. Appreciate any recent information. 

Obviously, I have no ides what your mobility issues are. However, if you use a scooter, walker(rolly as my wife calls it), crutches, etc., you'll have use of an elevator to take you to security. There is then a line just for folks with mobility issues. After security, you'll have a dedicated check-in line for haven guests. Next,you'll go to an area only for haven guests to await being the first group to board.

Thanks for the help. I recently developed sciatic problems in both hips and the land concierge told me to ask a porter for a wheelchair- in case there is a long wait to get through security. NCL Access Desk emailed me informing me that I can’t get a wheelchair assist until AFTER security. We have never been to Boston so we have no clue as to the layout at the terminal. 

I just cruised out of Boston on May 20th. While I do not remember the exact amounts of time we waited in each line, it was not too bad, and felt pretty average. We had arrived to the terminal well after ten and were on the ship at about 11:15. It took us less than an hour. We had boarding group one because we are Platinum, but the Haven and handicapped groups go first. Even though you won't have your wheel chair yet, don't be afraid to tell people that you need the handicap line and the elevator. I am pretty sure they had a handicap line at security. 

When you get to the port, the terminal will be on the left. The porters are right there to take your bags and in you go. There is an elevator if needed, and everyone else goes up the escalator. They did a quick look at our paperwork before we went up. Once you go upstairs, you go through security and then check in. They had a lot of workers at check in, and definitely had a handicap line. After we got through check in, we went to the seating area for one of the early boarding groups since we were Platinum and in group one. We waited there for boarding to start. Boarding started at eleven.

The new gangway was working fine when we were there. Don't worry about the stories from April. Those were some of the very first cruises of the season, so they may have had a few kinks to work out. Also, do not worry about what may be perceived as being yelled at by any of the workers at the port. We are from Massachusetts and realize that what we think is just talking loud enough to be heard, may seem like yelling to other people. LOL Have a great trip!

• Like 1

Thank you so much your information has calmed most of my anxiety. This is our first visit to Boston.  When we get back from the cruise we are driving up to Rockport for Friday and Saturday night before flying back on Saturday. So much history to explore and so little time. 

• Like 1