ship docks at 6am Barcelona. what time walk off? Customs?

elaine5

If our ship (RCI Vision of the Seas) is scheduled to dock at 6am at Barcelona, what time could we realistically walk off the ship (carrying our own luggage). Do we go through Customs at the port--is it a quick check, or longer process? We wanted to schedule a Van for 8am for a noon flight back to USA. 

Edited by elaine5

• elaine5 changed the title to ship docks at 6am Barcelona. what time walk off? Customs?
  • 3 weeks later...

We were on the Vision last month, walk off at 7am with our luggage no queues had a taxi booked via ryain air was waiting for us , taxi took 20 mins Saturday our flight was 10.30 am, fast track through had hours to twizzle our thumbs. The secret is carry your luggage off, and there were plenty of taxis waiting. Could of made a 9.00 flight if there was one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 10:28 PM, elaine5 said:

If our ship (RCI Vision of the Seas) is scheduled to dock at 6am at Barcelona, what time could we realistically walk off the ship (carrying our own luggage). Do we go through Customs at the port--is it a quick check, or longer process? We wanted to schedule a Van for 8am for a noon flight back to USA. 

We just got off last Sunday. We could walk off at 630 with our luggage. You don’t go through customs or security so you could be in a taxi by 640 am. We had a 950am flight to Paris and we got to the airport with like 2 hrs to kill (we were worried it would be tight)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 5:57 PM, Jenmars23 said:

If I am going to do walk off with a 6am arrival time, what time should I book my car service?

You don’t need to book.  Taxis are plentiful at the cruise port in Barcelona.  I think you could slow yourself down by trying to work out the meeting point.  

If we are trying to get off early, we take snacks to our room the day before.  One person has gone to the buffet to get coffees but this avoids the breakfast queues which  can really slow you down.