Clearwater/Tampa precruise out of port of Tampa questions

Lovemymaggie

I need help. We have cruised several times but never out of Tampa . We will be flying in to PIE rather than TPA, so have some questions. Should we just stay in the Clearwater/St Pete area for the night before or a hotel in Tampa? Which hotels are recommended in either area. Another questions is what is best to use for transportation from the airport to the hotel and then also from hotel to the port? There will be 5 adults. thank you in advance.Ā 

Since it's only one night I would recommend staying in Tampa closer to the port....also more to do IMHO. I would suggest looking to stay in the Downtown/Channelside area. These are both within a very short distance from the port....depending on which hotel some you may be able to even take the free trolley from hotel to port. Some hotel recommendations would be Marriott Ā Water St...JW Marriott Water St...Embassy Suites Tampa Convention Center...Westin Tampa Waterside...Home 2 Suites and Hampton Inn Channelside. All of these hotels I suggested are in walking distance or a free trolley ride to many restaurants and bars....also within 10 minutes or less to the port....some you can also just take the free street trolley from hotel to port.

As for transport from airport to hotel...I would suggest Uber XL or Lyft. Depending on traffic you are looking anywhere from 30 minutes up to get from PIE to Downtown Tampa.Ā 

Edited by bajathree

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Since it's only one night I would recommend staying in Tampa closer to the port....also more to do IMHO. I would suggest looking to stay in the Downtown/Channelside area. These are both within a very short distance from the port....depending on which hotel some you may be able to even take the free trolley from hotel to port. Some hotel recommendations would be Marriott Ā Water St...JW Marriott Water St...Embassy Suites Tampa Convention Center...Westin Tampa Waterside...Home 2 Suites and Hampton Inn Channelside. All of these hotels I suggested are in walking distance or a free trolley ride to many restaurants and bars....also within 10 minutes or less to the port....some you can also just take the free street trolley from hotel to port.

As for transport from airport to hotel...I would suggest Uber XL or Lyft. Depending on traffic you are looking anywhere from 30 minutes up to get from PIE to Downtown Tampa.Ā 

Thank you very much. Now another question. We are also staying 2 days after cruise, should we stay in one of the same hotels or somewhere different?Ā 

Unless you want to be by the beach....Clearwater or St Pete Beach I would recommend also staying in one of the same hotels. There is lots to do right near...RiverWalk...Tampa History Center....Tampa Aquarium...Modern Art Museum ....a trolley ride to Ybor City....visit Armature Works for some great food and drinks. If you go to Ybor make sure to visit Columbia Restaurant if you want some great Spanish food....historic Tampa restaurant that just received Michelin recognition.Ā 

22 hours ago, Lovemymaggie said:

Thank you very much. Now another question. We are also staying 2 days after cruise, should we stay in one of the same hotels or somewhere different?Ā 

Ā 

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, onemoretraveler said:

Sailing out of Tampa Cruise Port on January 17, 2023. Looking for a Park, Stay and Cruise hotel with free shuttle to the port and we can park our car for 11 days. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Welcome to the boards! šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

I would look at hotels in the Rocky Point area ( Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) - pre-Vivid several hotels offered park and Cruise packages including shuttles to the port.

• Like 1