MS Eurodam 2023 Cruise changes

CATandSQUID

Hi Cat and Squid, We are also on that cruise and just received the same e-mail. This is our first cruise with Holland America. I have independent tours in some ports that I will now have to cancel and reschedule.

Do you know if the itinerary stays the same?

Also I googled Eurodam drydock and there is no information. Do you know if it is just a routine drydock or are they making big changes?

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Hi Cat and Squid, We are also on that cruise and just received the same e-mail. This is our first cruise with Holland America. I have independent tours in some ports that I will now have to cancel and reschedule.

Do you know if the itinerary stays the same?

Also I googled Eurodam drydock and there is no information. Do you know if it is just a routine drydock or are they making big changes?

It doesn't stop at, the Half Moon Cays anymore.  If you go to your booked cruises it shows the new itinerary.

42 minutes ago, CATandSQUID said:

It doesn't stop at, the Half Moon Cays anymore.  If you go to your booked cruises it shows the new itinerary.

I just saw that.

I have never been to Half Moon Cay and was looking forward to it so I am a bit disappointed.

Have you been on the Eurodam before?

5 sea days seems like a lot. Is there enough things to do other than the pool and eating?😊

So glad I stumbled on this thread. We are - or were - on the Eurodam cruise leaving Feb. 26th. I just checked our account and tah-dah!!! It has been pushed to departing March 4th for the Panama Canal and returning March 14th.  What is going on and why didn't we get notified?

Thank you Cat & Squid for starting the thread!

margretha

I think our cruise on 2/15 is completely gone. It still shows on the website as a cruise but I called Holland America today and pretended to book it and agent said cruise no longer exists.  Neither my travel agent nor I was notified.  I think the Jan 25th one is still available but I don't want to go on a ship two weeks before dry dock.  We had booked this on board so not sure what will happen with the OBC and the minimal deposit we had to give.  I guess it is just a Caribbean cruise for us . 

RE the Half Moon Cay port - it is a nice beach and the ship brings all the food and drink over. I hope the ocean temp in March is warmer than it is in December/January.  We couldn't swim- way too cold and most people, like us, were just hanging out on the beach.  We ended up going back to the ship and loved having it to ourselves - empty pool deck and relaxing meal.  

There is a lot of shuffling going on with all the cruise lines right now.  My Kdam cruise next spring got cancelled to accommodate a drydock.  That combined with the fact that cruise lines are pulling back capacity in Asia and Austrailia next year is causing some issues.  The Kdam voyage I had booked is funny as there was a similar voyage (3 day PNW coastal) on the Volendam as well as the Crown Princess.  Well I fell back to the crown, but now that's been switched to the Royal Princess due to deployement changes.  As a fan of the smaller ships I'm not happy with this.  The Volendam is nice and I still may switch to her instead of the Crown, but I'm dissapointed to not get on the Kdam as I enjoyed that ship in 2017.  The other alternative is the Noordam doing a 5 day PNW coastal with a stop in Astoria which is a great port of call.  I thought I read that the Noordam's library area has been turned into shops which is dissapointing.

4 hours ago, tupper10 said:

I think the Jan 25th one is still available but I don't want to go on a ship two weeks before dry dock.

It's still showing as such (Jan 25 - Feb 5) to book and in "My Account" and "Itinerary".  Chose it to celebrate anniversary and won't cancel - somebody has to be on the cruises just prior to drydock!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

It's still showing as such (Jan 25 - Feb 5) to book and in "My Account" and "Itinerary".  Chose it to celebrate anniversary and won't cancel - somebody has to be on the cruises just prior to drydock!

We are not celebrating any special event and live in Fl near the port so to switch out a cruise for us is no big deal, but I don't want to pay the new much more expensive prices.  My TA is away until Sunday so I will wait and  see what is offered by HAL as an exchange for the cruise that is cancelled.    BTW when I went to the web site I couldn't book your cruise even if I wanted to so not sure if HAL just switched us to the earlier one that you are on.  

I just checked HA website It has these cruises listed for the Eurodam.  They these listed for January 2023 from 1-4 to 1-15-23, then from 1-15-23 to 1-25-23.  Then they jump to February and only  have one sailing listed which is 2-05-23 to 2-15-23.  Our cruise was originally scheduled to leave 2-26-23 to 3-08-23.  This was pushed back to the 3-04-23 to 3-14-23 followed by the last cruise in March which will be from 3-14-23 to 3-25-23.  I would get in touch with Holland America or your travel advisor to she what is happening with the January 25th cruise.  We booked directly through Holland America and were notified about our change. I assume that it will go in drydock on 2-15-23.  We had to change our flights and hotel booking and ended up costing extra to do both.

27 minutes ago, fayette said:

I just checked HA website It has these cruises listed for the Eurodam.  They these listed for January 2023 from 1-4 to 1-15-23, then from 1-15-23 to 1-25-23.  Then they jump to February and only  have one sailing listed which is 2-05-23 to 2-15-23. 

I just checked and our 1-25-23 to 2-5-23 cruise on Eurodam is still listed. (Clicked on More dates on the 1-4 to 1-15 cruise.)

On 6/18/2022 at 1:31 PM, vicnsue said:

What’s going on, we are on the February 5 sailing. Should we be concerned? 

I would get in touch with Holland America and see what they have to say but it is listed on the website

• 2 months later...

Our March 8 - 19, 2023 Eurodam 11-Day Panama Canal Sunfarer was changed to March 14 - 25,  2023.

Received HAL's email on 6/14/2023.  It didn't mention Eurodam would not be stopping at Half Moon.

It did say pre-paid shore excursions would be moved to the new dates.  Just today I logged into HAL's website and they didn't reimburse me for our Half Moon shore excursion and it doesn't show we booked and paid for our shore excursions on Aruba and Curacao.  It doesn't even mention flight transfers, etc.  Going to call them tomorrow but wondering if others on this re-scheduled cruise are having the same problems.  Just stumbled on this thread today.  Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 3:01 AM, Time For Dreaming said:

Our March 8 - 19, 2023 Eurodam 11-Day Panama Canal Sunfarer was changed to March 14 - 25,  2023.

Received HAL's email on 6/14/2023.  It didn't mention Eurodam would not be stopping at Half Moon.

It did say pre-paid shore excursions would be moved to the new dates.  Just today I logged into HAL's website and they didn't reimburse me for our Half Moon shore excursion and it doesn't show we booked and paid for our shore excursions on Aruba and Curacao.  It doesn't even mention flight transfers, etc.  Going to call them tomorrow but wondering if others on this re-scheduled cruise are having the same problems.  Just stumbled on this thread today.  Thank you. 

I am on that same cruise and all the excursions that I booked through HAL were not showing up in my itinerary.

I called white excursions last week and they rectified it and now my excursions are all listed properly.

My HMC excursion has yet to be refunded.

I am calling today to get that done.

shore Excursions # 888 425-9376

Would you be interested in a roll call for this cruise?

There has not been one started yet.