Prince Rupert Excursion

hopelea

• 3 weeks later...

I will be on the Sun two weeks prior to your cruise but have been to Prince Rupert several times and did a version of the Butze Rapids the last time i was there.

Here are a few points about the trip.

1. Be prepared for rainy weather - Prince Rupert receives about 100" of rain a year with no particular dry season but the summer months tend to be drier.

2. The trail and trailhead have been improved since i was there - this is a result of cruise ships now visiting the port.

3. If you have never seen a coastal rain forest - this will impress you.

4. The walk down to the rapids is not that hard - you will have to come back uphill on your return trip. You will be able to get right next to the rapids - some great photo shots to be had.

5. Unfortunately I don't have any digital photos of the rapids to post.

6. My only criticism of the excursion is the cost - see if you can find a private operator that is offering the tour - Being in Canada you will have the option of paying the private operator in Canadian funds or use your credit card and you should get about a 10 - 15 bonus on the dollar.

7. The rapids are only about 4 miles from the town center so you could even take a city bus but the schedule looks spotty.

8. Here's a link to a Prince Rupert toursim site:http://www.rupert.bc.ca/attractions.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Archived