Coco Cay? Is anything Free to do there?

9 hours ago, JCDCA said:

There is still a quiet beach area.  With big improvements such as the large pool.  Odd complaint 

What some people consider to be "improvements", others consider to be a negatives.

It was much more of what one thinks of when thinking of a tropical island before all of the so-called "improvements".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What some people consider to be "improvements", others consider to be a negatives.

It was much more of what one thinks of when thinking of a tropical island before all of the so-called "improvements".

As with any major change, some people will be in favor, some won't.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Ha Ha Ha, I did not want someone to think it was a really private beach bed. I better include a picture. LOL

1052547581_daybed.jpeg.6118e3001dc833a7c260c4da0a7279df.jpeg

Doesn't look completely shaded to me.   I would NEVER have dropped $150 for what I could've gotten complimentary.  (except for the $12 on 4 bottles of water.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Doesn't look completely shaded to me.   I would NEVER have dropped $150 for what I could've gotten complimentary.  (except for the $12 on 4 bottles of water.)

. . . and two floating mats that were renting for $19 each on our cruise. No, the dollars and cents does not add up.  However, it was worth it to us. DH takes a RX that can make him sleepy after lunch.  We were able to stay the whole day on Coco Cay and he could nap when needed.  Each pax puts their own value on what they purchase. 

I know it looks very sunny in the picture.  I took that picture when we first arrived early in the morning.  The sun was still low. The side curtains are tied back when you arrive.  You need to close them to get the maximum shade and privacy. You can move the side curtains to the front if you want.  However, we found that when the sun moved around to the front, the umbrella between the chairs shaded enough of the interior.  We arrived early and stayed late.  It was a good day. YMMV

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I thank the people for subsidizing my "free" loungers, umbrellas, and pool.  🙂

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:22 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Finances are always relative. To each his own.

Exactly this. I see them priced at the budget for an entire cruise for my family of 3. There’s no way I would spend that on one day. But I totally would if it fit my budget! It looks fun. 

You are going to love Coco Cay! Best beach day ever. We have never spent anything extra at Coco Cay except for an occasional adult beverage. 

Food included 

Lounger included 

Umbrella included 

Beach access included 

Pool access included

Tea, water, lemonade, flavor water included

Waterpark for the little kiddos included

The Waterpark for the little kiddos is a game changer for us. They're too small for the big kids water slides anyway so this area is perfect for them. ALL DAY entertainment for them. Great for family cruises.

We start at chill island. Have lunch at snack shack. Go to Oasis pool for the party vibe. And we end at south beach for one more funnel cake, beach volleyball and relaxation. 

We love Coco Cay! A must if we're cruising out of a FL port.

Edited by cynt

Where is the Snack Shack?  I can't find it in the picture (just Chill Grill and Skippers Grill).  Is the Snack Shack better than the grills mentioned?

Also, I plan to bring my own snorkel gear.  Where is the best place to snorkel?

Many thanks!

9 minutes ago, Jaynay said:

Where is the Snack Shack?  I can't find it in the picture (just Chill Grill and Skippers Grill).  Is the Snack Shack better than the grills mentioned?

Also, I plan to bring my own snorkel gear.  Where is the best place to snorkel?

Many thanks!

There are 3 snack shacks. 1 is by the pool, 1 in the water park, and 1 by South Beach.

If you google for a different map you'll find an old one with them shown. No idea why the app map doesn't show them.

It's a different menu so "better" is a matter of opinion but we LOVE the chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks (combine for a chicken parm sandwich), and the funnel cakes there. Also, they are counter service not a buffet. Still no additional charge of course.

Snorkeling is usually done from or near Chill Island.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:26 PM, Luv2Cruiise said:

Hello,

We are booked on Harmony in Aug and its our 1st cruise since Covid and we have never been to the NEW Coco Cay and only to the original.

Is there anything Free to do there now such as beach, pool etc? I was looking at the prices for things to do and they seem outrageous in my opinion so if nothing is free than I doubt we will even get off there. DO they still have shops to buy things?

Thanks

All most everything related to beach and pool activities.