Mediterranean on Disney?

mjonis

I searched but could only find two posts in this forum.  My sister is looking at Disney cruise to Mediterranean (or in mediterranean) for next summer.

Some questions:

Are most of the folks on that type of cruise from EU or US? 

Is the service/etc. the same?

I can only speak to the one MSC cruise I was on and it was a different experience (clientele, service, etc.)

• 1 month later...

I did the Med on Disney in 2011.  It felt like any other Disney cruise - passengers, staff, menus. 

I sailed MSC last December out of Miami.  Yep, different experience. Mainly the passengers. Lots of Cubans, Columbians, and Argentinians.  Lots of family generational interaction (fun to see) and better dress.  

I don’t find a lot of difference in service between cruise lines. It’s been pointed out that room stewards on Disney are encouraged to interact with the guests, whereas European lines expect them to be more invisible.  I hadn’t consciously noticed, but I think that’s a good description.

On our cruise to the Med, I felt the Disney touches (that you are paying extra for in any DCL cruise) were lost/wasted, as the focus was on the port days (which tend to be long).  We were used to Disney, so it was comforting coming back to something familiar, but any number of cruise lines could have served to transport us between the ports.

• Like 1