Social Travelers Dinners

kmkord

I'm thinking about booking a very last minute cruise on Splendor that leaves on Wednesday from Copenhagen.  When I last sailed on Regent in March, the social hostess was not allowed to dine with the social travelers group. She was only allowed to have before dinner drinks.  Has that changed? 

16 hours ago, kmkord said:

I'm thinking about booking a very last minute cruise on Splendor that leaves on Wednesday from Copenhagen.  When I last sailed on Regent in March, the social hostess was not allowed to dine with the social travelers group. She was only allowed to have before dinner drinks.  Has that changed? 

I am a solo traveler and I just booked the November Mariner LA to Lima itinerary. Last year on Oceania’s November transatlantic on Riviera, O did a great job organizing and hosting a great solo group, and we had a blast.
So I am wondering if solo travelers are called social travelers on Regent. Many thanks - am VERY excited!

On our last cruise pre Covid the Social Hostess had a group of 8 to 10 almost every night for cocktails and then they would go to dinner together. Some times we joined them for drinks. The group seemed to be having a great time. We also made friends with a lady that joined many of the tours that we did. She would be asking for a shared table sometimes as we came to dinner so we would ask her to join us….many Regent  passengers are very friendly and looking to make new friends. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I am a solo traveler and I just booked the November Mariner LA to Lima itinerary. Last year on Oceania’s November transatlantic on Riviera, O did a great job organizing and hosting a great solo group, and we had a blast.
So I am wondering if solo travelers are called social travelers on Regent. Many thanks - am VERY excited!

The group is called "solo and social travelers." It's primarily solos, but the friend that I travel with and I are always invited to join. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cwn said:

On our last cruise pre Covid the Social Hostess had a group of 8 to 10 almost every night for cocktails and then they would go to dinner together. Some times we joined them for drinks. The group seemed to be having a great time. We also made friends with a lady that joined many of the tours that we did. She would be asking for a shared table sometimes as we came to dinner so we would ask her to join us….many Regent  passengers are very friendly and looking to make new friends. Enjoy your cruise!

cwn, I concur about the friendliness of the Regent passengers.  We found that very prevalent during our 16 night Navigator cruise last month.  It didn't matter if you were in a lounge, restaurant or on an excursion.  As first time regent cruisers, I found other passengers much more open to that than our Oceania cruise. 

When I sailed solo on Azamara last December, several people invited me to join them. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from the Voyager trip from Barcelona to Belfast.  The Social Hostess was thrilled since she had recently been given permission to sit with the passengers, before she had to stand.  She and all the crew still had to wear masks and until the last leg of the cruise off of the UK and Ireland I do not remember any entertainers being able to sit and talk.  None of the crew could eat or drink with the passengers, but I did hear from a smoker on the last leg that she was able to sit and smoke with the officers.  The evening gathering was at most three plus the social hostess and often just her and me for the first two legs of the cruise.  The final leg was more normal with three to eight of us along with the Social Hostess, with this group she would call ahead for a table for us (she still was not able to eat with us).