Isolation and/or quarantine aboard HAL

jandbatsea

Has anyone been quarantined aboard a HAL ship for Covid? This happened to us last month and we were promised FCC's on a prorated daily cruise fare amount for our days in isolation (in writing). Unfortunately we have not received anything nearly a month later. My PCC cannot help and calls to Guest Relations no longer even have a hold time (the recorded message says they can't take calls and hangs up). Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Last August DH and I were in isolation for 24 hours of our Alaska cruise. (Covid was suspected, but 2 tests came back negative.)  After a week or so of returning home, I e-mailed HAL at World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com, with the info on our cruise and date of isolation and asked for the FCC.  Within 24 hours I received an e-mail apologizing for the oversite and confirming our FCC for the one cruise day missed.   

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Last August DH and I were in isolation for 24 hours of our Alaska cruise. (Covid was suspected, but 2 tests came back negative.)  After a week or so of returning home, I e-mailed HAL at World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com, with the info on our cruise and date of isolation and asked for the FCC.  Within 24 hours I received an e-mail apologizing for the oversite and confirming our FCC for the one cruise day missed.   

Thank you, I will try them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You were lucky that they let you stay on the ship. Staying on the ship isn’t always an option. My friend was on HAL last week. Her husband got hurt onboard. When he went to the medical facility, they did a Covid test. He tested positive.  The wife tested negative. They disembarked both of them. After a week off the ship, They are stuck in Europe trying to get home.  Their experiences are awful.