Hosted Singles cruises

sail_ORN

I’ve been on a few hosted cruises in the “before times”.(before 2020)  Wondering if they’re as popular now as they were? Specifically looking at Halloween, since that seemed to be the largest turnout. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

It's group travel, so there are group events that are exclusive to you, not available to other travelers on the ship. Mostly about dinner with the group, and cocktail parties and dances with the group. There are also excursions organized by the company, roomate finding service if you want it, and people tend to hang out together at the pool.

It's a great way to meet people and make friends while not feeling isolated because you are single.

There is a culture to them, a kind of celebration of being single, compared to the feeling you often get in the real world where being single is looked at as a problem that needs a solution.

Age ranges vary each time. At 50, I was the youngest on my last singles cruise, but on others, I was right in the middle of the age ranges, with plenty of people in their 30s and 40s, as well as older.

I would enquire about the demographics when you book. I regret going on the last one because of demographics, but I consider my previous ones some of the best things I've ever done, even therapeutic.