Port Canaveral - Orlando International Airport

TrustNoOneKMC

Hi all,

I am new to the Cruise Critic Boards, although I have been on two previous cruises. I was just wondering, I am traveling out of port canaveral, and have booked a pre and post cruise hotel room near the airport. (I love the name your own price feature at priceline! - booked a 3 star hotel for $60 friday and saturday of memorial day weekend!) Anyway, besides the Carnival shuttle from the airport, and Arts' shuttle, is there any other method (preferably cheaper) to get from Orlando international (or a hotel) to port canaveral. Thanks. Not to sound like a cheapskate - but I am taking my father on a cruise, and this is costing WAY more than I originally expected. The Carnival shuttle is $50 per person round trip. Also, does art's shuttle pick you up at your hotel, or do you have to go to the airport? Thank you.

Rent a car from Orlando airport and drive to Port Canaveral. It takes about 45 minutes to drive to the port. Then you can drop your car off at the car rental agency in cocoa beach. The car rental agencies have a shutlle to drop you off at the pier. When you get back from your cruise reverse the process. It is alot cheaper to rent a car for a day than take the shuttle services.

do a search on google for mear's transportation or limo or something. they have TONS of buses going from MCO area to Port Canav. They also run hotel-airport shuttles. I think the trip to PC is actually LESS than going from hotels to airport. we used them to get from the World Center Marriott last year after being evacuated from MIA. They were pretty good. On time, pleasant.

here is the link....

http://www.mearstransportation.com

Archived