Admittance to the spa on the encore

Papadog

Can you please tell me, once you purchase your spa pass for the week or however long,  does your room key admit you or do you have a bracelet like some other cruise lines, or will it be on our phone app. Thank you

Usually they will put a sticker on your room card for access.  We love the thermal spa and always get passes! 

By day 3 the spa personnel at the front desk  on the Encore recognized us and would just wave us in without even looking.

1 hour ago, Papadog said:

Can you please tell me, once you purchase your spa pass for the week or however long,  does your room key admit you or do you have a bracelet like some other cruise lines, or will it be on our phone app. Thank you

You turn in your room key at the reception desk and they will let you in. If you buy the pass in advance, your key is sometimes coded to open the door. If you go daily, by Day 2 or 3, the front desk staff usually know your name. 

I'm glad the Encore's thermal spa is more secure than the Getaway's! The first sea day the door was open to the thermal spa and no one from the front desk looked to see if we had a sticker. They didn't wave us through - we just wandered through the door and into a packed thermal spa. I was really upset!

Thankfully by day 2 of the cruise the staff was at least requiring us to flash our key card. They didn't collect it - just looked to be sure we had the thermal spa sticker. The door was still wide open, so I'm guessing at least one or two lucky folks wandered through without paying.