Upgrading OLife Air to Business Class?

FolsomMike

• 3 months later...
On 6/29/2022 at 7:58 PM, the more ports the better said:

Just posted this on a different thread but it is worth repeating……..

Guys, I own an AI company and I can tell you with 100% certainty that airlines track your flight searches on their websites as well as third party websites.  The algorithms will up the prices the more you look.  If you disappear for a while they may lower them again but no guarantee.  My son left my nuclear AI company to make piles of cash writing pesky consumer algorithms including those most pesky travel algorithms.

ALWAYS SEARCH IN PRIVATE MODE ON SAFARI OR INCOGNITO MODE ON GOOGLE.  (I know caps is being loud but it will save a ton of money so I am being loud about it)

Search a few third party websites (privately) and if they have lower fares than the airline website, choose the link directly to the airline to buy the tickets on the airline’s site.  

It used to be that the airlines tracked their own traffic only but no more, now they all coordinate and share info.

Also, another United flier here.  Customer service is the number one reason.  That and I lived most of my life in the frigid weather near their Ohare hub before finally moving south.  Plus they have the best FF program in the business.  I never pay for flights and always fly business simply from using my United Chase cards.  If I go to the store and even buy a loaf of bread, it goes on my card.  It all adds up to free flights quickly.

This is useful info and so are the other suggestions by Flatbush, ORV and many other helpful cc’ers. Thank you.

I seldom travel business class but I see how if can change the whole vacation (wallet is much lighter). 

Will  airlines like American and BA offer Biz upgrade from economy if it were booked through third party?

And for @more ports the better, which country do you set your vpn these days?

4 hours ago, commanders said:

This is useful info and so are the other suggestions by Flatbush, ORV and many other helpful cc’ers. Thank you.

I seldom travel business class but I see how if can change the whole vacation (wallet is much lighter). 

Will  airlines like American and BA offer Biz upgrade from economy if it were booked through third party?

And for @more ports the better, which country do you set your vpn these days?

I asked “more ports the better “ a simple question on this issue and he opted not to respond. Question was: Will those algorithms give two different prices to two different parties , for the same flight, at the same exact time? 

Still awaiting a response.

What if I’m a black female getting quoted a higher price than my white male colleague in the next cubicle?

If so, I might be flying free the rest of my life, with cash to spend!!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1