Cabins available online?

Dorie7

Just a WAG, but I think it might be partly because so many savvy cruisers would then look to see which cruises/categories weren't selling well. Then they would track it and leap on a discounted price. Nothing at all wrong with that, but I suspect RCI would rather that people actually book rather than just waiting for price drops.

As I say though, I have no idea. It could be because many TAs take blocks of cabins and then they aren't listed as available by RCI. It could simply be that they prefer to only release a few cabins at a time for online bookings.

If you've got a specific cabin in mind, you can still call and check availability, of course. Although I agree that it would be easier to be able to check it online.

beachchick

I had this question a few weeks ago. Someone kindly reminded me that there is an option, on the RCCL online booking, to book/reserve a specific cabin (you just type a number into a box and it will check whether that specific cabin is free).

Ok, it isn't a quick way of doing it, but it allows you to check specific cabins not listed...

Boo

I haven't found an area on the Royal Caribbean web-site where you could type tin the cabin number. Could you post the link?

Ooops, I lied (well not intentionally - I got confused with the Celebrity site...)

Isn't that annoying - wonder why you can't do that?

Boo

Archived