Vancouver hotels near port - which one did I buy?

Reserved a hotel through HAL the night before we embark at the Vancouver port. It was the Fairmont but I now see there are three Fairmonts near the port. The paperwork from HAL shows no addresses, no other specifics.... ANYWHERE. I was told it was right on the harbor, which would indicate the Fairmont Pacific Rim or the Fairmont Waterfront. The paperwork says "Fairmont Hotel Vancouver" which seems to indicate the one a few blocks away. SO, I'm guessing that's it.

I'm not quibbling about which one they gave me (though I'm a little frustrated it's not what they said I was getting when I reserved it) so much as just wanted to be sure I show up at the right hotel to check in. It's a little aggravating that they don't give any additional information on the hotel other than a name, especially when there are three of them in a three block area.

Anyone have any experience with this and can verify what I've got based on this. I KNOW I can contact HAL but we all know how long that will probably take and I believe in YOU ALL 🙂

4 hours ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

FORGET IT - I found it on the boarding pass info, finally.... false alarm but shoot - not the hotel I thought I had asked for. sigh.

Curious minds want to know.  Which hotel was it?  If it is the Fairmont Vancouver, its a classic hotel, well located, but, no harbor view.  My experience?  A stay at a Fairmont hotel will be a good one regardless of which one it is or where it is located.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Curious minds want to know.  Which hotel was it?  If it is the Fairmont Vancouver, its a classic hotel, well located, but, no harbor view.  My experience?  A stay at a Fairmont hotel will be a good one regardless of which one it is or where it is located.  

Ended up being the Fairmont Vancouver which I agree is just fine - just a little aggravated that it wasn't what I'd specifically asked for during the process of reserving it. Such a first world problem 🙂  We'll love it regardless, I'm certain.

Had some similar scruples sorting out our stay at the Pan Pacific in Whistler the few nights before, too - the two different Pan Pacifics are a block apart there, lol.

Edited by BroncoBobblehead
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, twodjs said:

Can you not cancel the hotel? Disappointing when bookings through HAL typically come at a premium price.

I think we're locked in at this point - back when it was paid for I don't believe it was refundable after that - and yeah, it was a premium price though pretty much every hotel in the area was comparable. Kinda nuts. I wonder if there's a big event or sports thing going on that weekend or maybe that's just normal Friday night rates during cruise season!

3 hours ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

I wonder if there's a big event or sports thing going on that weekend or maybe that's just normal Friday night rates during cruise season!

From your other post it sounds like you're staying there on July 1st. That's Canada Day (our 4th of July). So in addition to just the regular night before the cruise crowds, you've also got the first long weekend of summer crowds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whee-sailing said:

From your other post it sounds like you're staying there on July 1st. That's Canada Day (our 4th of July). So in addition to just the regular night before the cruise crowds, you've also got the first long weekend of summer crowds.

ohhh good point - I learned something new!

11 hours ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

ohhh good point - I learned something new!

I have had the experience of staying with friends in Toronto on Canada Day.  Believe me, our Canadian friends know how to celebrate their Independence Day every bit as well as Americans.  

• Haha 1