NYC hotels pre-cruise?

seasprite

Hi all,

I've been searching the boards to see if there is a NYC hotel which has a package allowing you to leave your car parked at the hotel during your cruise. I figured since the parking at the terminal costs $180, it might be worthwhile to come a day ahead and start the cruise off rested. If you could save on parking, it would help pay for the hotel. Of course, it would have to be a hotel that was an inexpensive cab ride to the cruise ship terminal. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing, or am I just dreaming? lol Thanks!

Pam

(dreaming of cruising on the Dawn again!)

You didn't say when you would be in NYC (which could make a big difference) or what port you are going out of, so here is a link to finding parking near the port on the west side. The web site is pretty easy just click on hourly/monthly, go to "Tourist Attraction" and scroll down till you find cruise ships. You can also put in the dates you need and they will price it out for you. I think the cheapest one I saw for 1 week is about $140. Hope this helps. There is always the option of parking on the Jersey side.

Pam - I agree that Arkport to NYC isn't a drive I'd care to do day of sailing, but if you're not too interested in sightseeing I'd recommend driving to a town closer to the city, stay overnight there, and then drive to the pier. A hotel outside the city will be a lot less expensive.

Sorry....I guess it would help if I gave you that link:o

http://www.iconparking.com

Maybe you could rent a car this way you wouldn't have to worry where to keep it all week. You could just turn it in when you get to NYC and then rent one for the return trip.

Also, there is a Sheraton Hotel in Weehawken, NJ which you can see from the pics is almost directly across from the west side cruise ship pier. There is car rental service which I believe is on the premises and a shuttle service. The ferry to NY is also right there.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton

NJmom

I knew this site would help me brainstorm this...thanks everyone! I loved your suggestions about hotels or renting and turning in cars. This will keep me occupied looking into new options! The reason I never mentioned when I would be sailing is because I haven't booked my cruise yet lol! I was on the Dawn the last two years (in Oct.) and on the last cruise I bought a "gold package" with credit toward a future cruise. So for now I am drooling and looking at all of the possibilities. That's why I signed it "dreaming of cruising on the Dawn again"! Most likely we will leave from NYC, as I liked the convenience of not having to fly the last two trips. Thanks again!

Archived