Clearing customs at Hobar bebore Shorex ?

GottoCruise

I just read a post that described delays clearing (Diamond Princess) for customs at Hobart :eek:

Oh My! This will really upset our plans as we have arranged a private tour for 16 that must start at 8AM to fit everything in!!!

Please help if you have been on the Diamond Ship Sydney to Auckland -

I think this poster was on the reverse itinerary and had to clear in Hobart as this would have been the first stop in Australia??

Our cruise STARTS in Sydney so perhaps we will not have to clear customs in Hobart???

Anyone know? :confused:

Thanks.

We did b2b in January. On your leg to Auckland you will not have any problems for your trip in Hobart. On your 2 day transit to New Zealand, customs is on board to clear you for arrival.It is the return trip back into Australia where the Australian customs people elect to do it on land and therefore do it the morning of Hobart arrival. We as independents didn't get thru until 10:30am WAVTAM

When we sailed in '02(Regal Princess), from NZ to AUS, there were custom officials on board during the sea day to take care of things. We just walked off the ship. We did have to go through customs again once we arrived at Sydney though.

Happy Sails!

Charlie

Archived