Prepaid grats in Cruise Planner

JillK

I have two cabins booked for a cruise in just a few weeks... thought I had pre-paid the gratuities for both cabins shortly after booking, but it now appears one of the cabins has it added to the booking but it was not paid.

When I select "View Invoice Details" I can see the pre-paid gratuities total and there is a button that reads "Pay Now" but it is not active. There is no where to de-select pre-paid gratuities and no way to pay it. Since it's considered invoiced and unpaid, I am unable to access/print the boarding passes for that cabin. 

Any way I can get this either paid or removed without calling Carnival?

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Badfinger said:

My rule of thumb is to never pre-pay for anything unless absolutely necessary.  Especially for things like this that will be automatically billed anyways.

Good point. Especially if doing it for someone else. 

Badfigner - Thank you for sharing your rule of thumb but other than an admonishment of something I've already done, I'm unclear how that actually helps with the question I asked.

Joe817- I like to think that I'm a generous friend but I wouldn't pay their grats.... both cabins are for my immediate family (we are a family of 6 so always need two or more cabins)- the one I'm having an issue with is for my husband and sons.

Since the feature has become available I generally pre-paid the tips and pay them off before we cruise to help manage the total owing at the end of the trip.

Us Canadians have to add 32.5% (30% exchange rate and 2.5% bank conversion fee) to our purchases in USD so making even modest costs that much more and adds up faster than yours will.

Looks like I'll be calling Carnival to resolve. 

• Like 2