Just Returned From Sun 2/25/2006

DiDi1219

Hello There!

I just returned from the Eatern Carribean 2/18 sailing on the SUn. This was my first cruise and i really have nothing to compare it to. I will try to be brief. There were some good and bad, but I think that stands with any vacation. It is also what you make of it.

Staff

First, I must say that the entire crew was fabulous! :) They didnt know what to do you for you next. They are very hard workers and deserve all the credit. Jennifer at the Ginza resteraunt was great. It's amazing with so many people how they remeber your names.

Food

I really wasn't crazy about the menu in the main dining rooms. I think we ate there once. We did eat at the Japanese, Italian and east meets west resteraunt. I wouldnt say it was the best food I had but it wasn't the worst. Overall I liked the Japanese Hibachi the most.

We ate breakfeast in the buffets every morning which was fine. You pretty much had your choice of anything. Pacific Heights also had a waffle station and las rabas had an omlette station every morning. Plenty to choose from for breakfeast.

Room service sucked !

Excursions

DR- We did the beach pary at Cayo Levantano for $70 person. This was a waste because there was no beach party. The islanders were not friendly. Drinks were supposed to be included but the islanders who worked the bars scammed the people. They were charging for drinks at some of the bars saying we were at the wrong bar and had to pay. I didn;t like that. None of the ships staff came on any of the tours. I thought if they were there this would have been prevented.

The food that was included was cooked by the islanders. It looked gross and i wouldnt eat it. THE BEACH was beautiful! We enjoyed that the most. We tendered here. but it moved pretty quick.

Tortola-(Docked) We did the banannas bar crawl. It was more of an island tour with a stop at two bars but fun.

St Thomas- (Tendered) We did our owen thing in St Thomas. We went shopping and then took an island tour. We wanted to go to Maghans bay but the tour guy said coki and sapphire beach were better. This was a scam. The tour must of has a deal with coki and sapphire beach. Everyone we talked to that went to Maghans Bay said it was great. Aside from that I liked St Thomas. Sapphire beach was a little rocky and the water was rough.

GSC-(tendered) All the post about the tenders breaking and no BBQ was correct. However we made the best of it. The beach was nice. We actually got stuck on the island on the 2nd to last tender boat and had a hard time getting back to the ship. It was dark the tneder boat was practically about to flip and it was scary. However the ships crew handled it very well. You can tell the safety of the people were their main concern. We did hear alot of people complaining. NCL needs to organize this stop a little more.

Overall we had a great time! Like i said you have your ups and downs. But we made the best of it. I would defntly try another NCL crews. Maybe the Jewel. We stayed oin the 10th deck mid ship with a balcony and the room was fine. A little small but they are all like that.

I hope this review helps. I can go on and on. If you have any specific questions feel free to email me at Didi326@aol.com:cool:

Archived