Coffee Card Question

Hello!  Thank you in advance and yes, I did try searching for this 🙂

On the pre-purchased coffee card, it says it is not good for coffees purchased in any licensed Starbucks.  We are in on the Navigator of the Seas.  Where do you purchase specialty coffees if not at the Starbucks?  I watched a couple of youtube videos trying to figure it out and I couldn't.

Most RCCL ships have a "CAFE PROMENADE". It is their coffee/snack bar version of a "STARBUCKS".

It is true that you cannot use the RCCL coffee card at the onboard "STARBUCKS". 

Also, please be aware that even though you purchase a card that offer 15 "PUNCHES" these are usually only good for a "small" drink. If you order a "LARGE" drink they will most likely punch your card twice.

This would make your card almost worth 1/2 its value.  I suggest waiting until you get on board as the price is the exact same whether you purchase it ahead or not.

Check with "CAFE PROMENADE" attendant and see what their "interpretation" of the coffee punches are.

Then you can make the choice as to whether it is good deal for you or not.

FYI, it has to be an actual Starbucks.  If it is CAFE PROMENADE and they use Starbucks product the card is still good.

Also, even if the card is only good for single expresso shot beverages it can still save money if you drink Cappuccinos or Lattes.  Also, the card is shareable.

Depending on what else you drink, it might make sense to buy the refreshment package