Princess Anne

rbtan

6 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I'm looking at the Princess Anne for Feb. 2024. Nice looking ship. I just don't like the nonrefundable deposit. Not seen this before.

First off, let's correct the name of the ship to "Queen Anne".

Now regarding the non-refundable deposit, Cunard started offering lower fares with non-refundable deposits in the US a few years ago.

For the Queen Anne 2024 voyages, in the US you have your choice of booking what Cunard calls "Our Lowest Fare" with a non-refundable deposit and a guarantee booking where Cunard assigns your cabin. Or you can book the current promotion called the "Summer Savings Event" with a higher fare but with a refundable deposit, choice of cabin, and other perks that come with that promotion.

I booked a Britannia Balcony on Queen Anne's February 2024 Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. For me it was a very easy decision to book the higher "Summer Savings Event" fare here in the US. The extra perks offered for that fare almost made up the entire price difference over the "Our Lowest Fare", plus I have a refundable deposit, and also very important to me, I was able to pick our cabin.

Of course others will see things differently but it would be very hard for me to choose a lower fare with a non-refundable deposit (especially this far out from the departure date) and with no choice of a specific cabin.

• Like 4