USB Ports on Mardis Gras

iria64

3 minutes ago, iria64 said:

About how many USB ports are in a standard balcony room on the Mardi Gras and where are their approximate locations?

I believe there are 2 on the desk and 1 on each side of the bed on the light thingy they have.  The next to the bed thing is handy because I plugged my phone in and used the little shelf next to the bed.   

• Like 2

Was 1 on either side of the head of the bed attached to the reading lights. 4 in a center Al location on the dresser/makeup area clustered together and then I want to say I saw one or two more in our room but I can’t remember where. 

Thanks all... that is what I needed to know.  We are planning for our August cruise and wanted to make sure we did not need to bring any sort of power strip.  Sounds like it should not be needed.

3 hours ago, iria64 said:

Thanks all... that is what I needed to know.  We are planning for our August cruise and wanted to make sure we did not need to bring any sort of power strip.  Sounds like it should not be needed.

Keep in mind some of the more recent smartphones and related tech (iPads, etc) can be charged much more quickly using high power USB-C / Lightning / whatever chargers and accompanying cables, 5A (25W) or potentially even higher (9A, 45W).  I don't know what current the standard USB-A ports will offer, possibly max 2A (that was a typical "high-ish power" USB spec in the past), so they take longer to charge.

But you need to bring those device-specific AC adapters, sometimes provided with the equipment, sometimes available as OEM or 3rd party accessories.

e.g. the new Samsung phone I just got can be charged using a 25W charger (i.e. 5A supply) via USB-C.  A regular USB-A port with cable converting to USB-C may not push those amps, so will take longer to charge.

I might have a possible answer.  Per the Carnival website:

On the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Sunrise, and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom. On the Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras, there are multiple USB outlets at the desk and next to the beds. 

It isn't specified, but I might suppose that the LNG Excel ships also have 1000mA (1A, i.e. 5W at 5VDC) power limits on those USBs.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2822/~/electric-outlets