Is Panama Canal transit view ok from balcony on Jewel?

JennKach

On 7/3/2022 at 1:54 AM, TrumpyNor said:

Just a tip when doing a Panama cruise with NCL: NCL have their photographers making amazing photos of the ship at various points of the canal/locks - they can be be purchased as a photo package at a reasonable price in the photo gallery on board. Here is a collage of the photos I purchased on board and then scanned for my cruise photobook - photos that I would not have been able to make myself no matter where on the ship my cabin would have been located.... 

image.thumb.jpeg.d95b1d50b2ebfaaddc7672003604ebe0.jpeg

Great shots. I wish I would have known and looked into this when we went through the canal on the star back in 2018. we are booked on the jewel next february, if the cruise actually happens i will look into this for sure. in 2023 we are going to opposite way we went with the star. love the height difference in the locks on the atlantic side. very dramatic!

• Like 1

I have a suggestion that may help. When we did a Panama Canal cruise on NCL Pearl, we got up early in the morning the day of the transit and went to the Spinnaker Lounge (in the front of the ship) and had a bird's eye view of the transit. I also had a thermal spa pass and later I went to the Mandara Spa (also in the front of the ship) and sat on one of their loungers and had a great view of the transit. I looked at the Jewel deck plans and noticed they have a Spinnaker Lounge on Deck 13 and a Mandara Spa on Deck 12. Note: Mandara Spa passes must be purchased separately and are not included in the price of your cruise. Hope this helps.