Vaccine exemption

Marie51

I ""believe''" there are no exceptions to the vaccine requirements as the sailing restrictions are imposed by CDC and not by the individual cruise lines. Obviously the cruise lines should provide this information and If I may ask and not to ask you anything personal, why can't you medically get the COVID vaccine ? I'd be very interested to understand. Thanks 

36 minutes ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

I ""believe''" there are no exceptions to the vaccine requirements as the sailing restrictions are imposed by CDC and not by the individual cruise lines. Obviously the cruise lines should provide this information and If I may ask and not to ask you anything personal, why can't you medically get the COVID vaccine ? I'd be very interested to understand. Thanks 

There are exceptions to the vaccine requirement on other cruise lines if you submit a letter from your doctor explaining the reasons you cannot get vaccinated. But I was wondering if MSC would do this. I called Customer service and the person I spoke to didn’t know and said I should just look on the website which of course I already did.

There are four of us. Three of us are vaxed and boosted. The fourth person is my 13 year old granddaughter who has mitochondrial disease and autism and her doctors have recommended that she does not get the Covid vaccine.

5 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

MSC has not been allowing medical exceptions to their vaccination requirement.

Bret

Thank you. This is probably information that the customer service representative should’ve known when I called and asked.

I started this thread trying to find out if MSC cruise line had exceptions for the Covid vaccine. As I have stated my granddaughter has autism and mitochondrial disease and her physicians have advised that she not receive the Covid vaccine. She has been a special needs child since she was born and has other conditions besides what I have mentioned. She has had 12 surgeries, and for the first 10 years of her life was fed through a tube because she could not eat.

I cannot list all her medical conditions and problems here nor do I wish to. Her doctors…. and she has several of them….have advised against the Covid vaccine for her. The rest of us are vaxed and boosted so it is not a matter of us not believing in vaccination.

For those of you looking up information about vaccines and autism and mitochondrial disease……you people have too much free time on your hands.

Cruising is presenting too many roadblocks for us at this time so we have decided to plan some other type of vacation.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I started this thread trying to find out if MSC cruise line had exceptions for the Covid vaccine. As I have stated my granddaughter has autism and mitochondrial disease and her physicians have advised that she not receive the Covid vaccine. She has been a special needs child since she was born and has other conditions besides what I have mentioned. She has had 12 surgeries, and for the first 10 years of her life was fed through a tube because she could not eat.

I cannot list all her medical conditions and problems here nor do I wish to. Her doctors…. and she has several of them….have advised against the Covid vaccine for her. The rest of us are vaxed and boosted so it is not a matter of us not believing in vaccination.

For those of you looking up information about vaccines and autism and mitochondrial disease……you people have too much free time on your hands.

Cruising is presenting too many roadblocks for us at this time so we have decided to plan some other type of vacation.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Thank you and Good Luck   

On 7/2/2022 at 5:19 PM, Marie51 said:

OK. My son and daughter-in-law say she cannot get vaccinated according to her doctors who care for her various conditions. I can’t contradict that so I have to just go with the flow of what they say. Like I said it’s out of my hands.

OK then.

• Haha 1