Beware noisy Summit cabins 3067 and 3071

floridakeith

Just returned from an excellent Panama Canal transit on Summit but we and our friend encountered significant problems initially in inside cabins 3067 (hers) and 3071 (ours) on Plaza Deck.

3067 is alongside a staff access door which leads behind the cabin to a working/storage area and a metal staircase. Staff running up and down the staircase sound like thunder in these cabins, but particularly in 3067. 3067 also suffers from noisy staff activity in the storage/working area but this is not evident in 3071.

After being woken at around 6am by the noise we complained. According to our cabin attendants notices were put up asking staff to take care to avoid noise. This had no effect. A second complaint resulted we understand in more notices but we were still being woken up. On being woken at 6.10am again I rang guest services immediately whereas we had previously gone there on our way to breakfast.

This resulted in parts of the area being taped off and staff were instructed not to use the access door adjacent to 3067 at night. We were also sent a bottle of wine and basket of fruit each. We were also offered a change of cabins further down the corridor but decided to see what effect the new regime had before facing the hassle of packing and moving. While there was occasional noise it was muted and we were never woken again.

Guest services said they had never had complaints before, those staff anyway, which I find difficult to believe unless all previous occupants were deaf or very early risers.

Ironically the cabins were exceptionally well insulated from noise in the corridors or between cabins.

So beware if you fancy these two cabins on Summit.

In future I will be very wary of those white spaces alongside cabins on Celebrity's deck plans. We had a problem of pillars in a Galaxy Plaza Deck cabin last summer so I am getting very, very wary of Celebrity's deck plans these days.

Archived